My Antithesis

akintolife

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:15 am

Congratulations on the job and I hope you all have an uneventful flight.

clairey

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:37 am

Yes, we definitely missed you!

Wow, that is exciting. I hope you have a good pignapper alarm system in place when you move to America. There are a lot of covetous GLers around. ;)

Brainerror

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:02 am

oh how I love your boys! <3 and yes we missed you lot!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:35 am

Read Feylin's Germany thread and Pimpinpuji's Flight From India to America. They've got the latest information on traveling with animals.

Piggywig

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:43 am

Yay! Glad to see you back and to see pictures of the boys! Oh, I hope you do have a safe flight! They are so darling.

Now, we just have to figure out how to get that plane to bring them 'accidentally' to MS instead of WA. ;-)

ilumiari

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:20 pm

I think that I'll fly Perth->Sydney->Honolulu->SeaTac. I'm not booking my own flights, but the relocation company have lots of experience moving pets internationally.

Smudge has a big pile of grass.

Are you jealous?

My main concern at the moment is to have somewhere to put the pigs when I arrive. I'm staying in corporate housing for a few months, but I won't find out the address until about 48 hours beforehand. I'll take some huts and cuddle cups in my suitcase, but I really don't have room for cubes & coroplast. Similarly, I can take some pellets in a baggie, but can't really take any hay.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Definitely read those threads mentioned above. They have a wealth of information on traveling with your pets. There is one in the air as we speak! (Pigs DO fly!) Good luck in your travels. :)

ilumiari

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:13 pm

I've read through the threads, but they both have different concerns to me. I don't have much say over the flight arrangements, and I know the pigs will have to go into cargo since no Australian airline will allow otherwise. My concerns are all about what happens when I actually arrive - I don't have a cage/food/bedding or know anyone who can organise it for me.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:35 pm

They are so handsome!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:39 pm

I love that last photo! Look at that face. *smooches*

Brainerror

Post   » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:13 am

So, so beautiful..

clairey

Post   » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:44 am

It might be worth making a thread in Cavy Chat to see if any local members can make recommendations.

JadeMagpie

Post   » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:31 pm

I am thinking about relocating to Sydney in the next couple of years, but you can't bring Guinea Pigs into the country! Are you moving permanently, or do you intend to go back to Australia? If so, you may not be able to bring your pigs with you. :(

ilumiari

Post   » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:41 pm

I know I can't bring them back in to Australia, but I think that I'll stay in the US for the duration of their life for the very least.

ilumiari

Post   » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:39 pm

The weather isn't completely unbearable anymore, but the piggies still tend to gravitate towards the coolest spot on the floor during floor time.

Wle312
Guinea Supporter '11

Post   » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:16 am

Squee! They are as adorable as ever!

Good luck with your move and flight arrangements, I hope everything goes well for you and the piggies! :)

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:54 am

awwww,... lookit the stubby feetsies and the full chins! :)

ilumiari

Post   » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:27 am

I ordered a baggie of oxbow hay cubes which arrived today, I'm hoping that I can use those to feed the pigs on their flight. They excitedly chomped about halfway through the first one, then sort of ignored it in favour of un-cubed hay. The cubes don't fit through the holes in the carrier, but I should be able to saw them in half with a breadknife or something.

ilumiari

Post   » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:27 am

Here's Smudge curled up on the floor.

Here's Sooty, curled up around our latest Oxbow shipment. I calculated that once we move to America their food costs will be about 1/3 of what they are now. The 40 ounce Timothy hay bags are just under $50 shipped here, and I go through one a month. I'm looking forward to paying $20 for twice that much from Kleenmama.

I've started browsing Craigslist to get a feel for apartments to look at, it's so exciting. I thought rent prices were a little on the high side until I realised that they were monthly, not weekly. The 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom dilapidated student share house I currently live in is around $2100 a month (amazingly cheap for my area). I'm hoping to find a cute little studio apartment in Redmond.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:27 am

The pigs will love KM pellets. My latest adopted girl wasn't too hot on Oxbow pellets but loves the KM pellets. Snooty looks like he's getting into practice, ready to do product endorsements.

191 posts