The life of Squeaglez The Loner Guinea Pig

Brainerror

Post   » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:21 pm

woohoo MOAR peeeeeeeeeegs!

Squeaglez

Post   » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:53 am

to find out what guinea pigs might come in to the houshold click this link ---> http://www.calgaryhumane.ca/page.aspx?pid=291 on the species arrow select guinea pigs and look for Chocolate and Cookie (they might be on page 2).

Squeaglez

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:02 pm

Sadly the two piggys were adopted and my Mom is saying she will now buy me a rabbit if the guinea pig goes and my grandmother is saying she will buy me an IPod 4. But on the bright side my Dad and my sister are looking at the 4 new guinea pigs in the SPCA. Squeaglez is doing well and while I was cleaning the house with my mom I put him in a little petstore cage(about 1 grid by 3 grid big) and he started popcorning like crazy. Anyone know why he would like a SMALLER cage better?

AldenM1
Supporter in '16

Post   » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Maybe he was excited to explore a new place.

But also, I think they popcorn for a lot of reasons, not just happiness. It's excitement or extreme emotion of any kind.

Brainerror

Post   » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:59 am

I think he was happy to be cleaned out. Mine popcorn when I hoover after a clean as they know it means they have a fresh cage.

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:37 pm

I'm still interested in this story. Let us know how it turns out!

I have a Touch and two guinea pigs. The pigs are much more fun!!

Squeaglez

Post   » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:46 am

Me and my mom frequently visit the SPCA and soon we might make a appointment for a meeting with the other piggys =) . On updating news we gave Squeaglez a VERY short haircut. I will try to get pictures soon!

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:40 pm

We all love pictures here!!!

rpaws

Post   » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:47 pm

Squeaglez,
I hope you hold fast and are determined to keep your guinea pig baby no matter what. Guinea pigs are better than an IPod touch.

I am very sensitive to smells and ask anybody to tell me if the guinea pig cage smells. I find the bigger the cage the less the smell, plus spot cleaning helps.

My sister had a rabbit. Rabbits can be more trouble than guinea pigs. They need 'out' time. They need to hop around the place. Then you have to rabbit proof the area if you want to keep your electrical cords. My sister's rabbit like to scatter hay around the place. On the plus side they can be potty trained but their cage can get quite messy at times.

Squeaglez

Post   » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:37 pm

After the hair cut I have been finding scabs on Squeaglez rear end ( before I could barely see his skin).

Squeaglez

Post   » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Thank You for all your posts! Squeaglez is doing great. We took him to the shelter for introductions (the other piggys are NOT shy at all) and they didn't go all to well. So we might just have to wait a while before he gets a friend. On the bright side he is not as scared from scissors as he was before!

51 posts