Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:34 am

Dark epithelial cells!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:48 pm

<zoo docent voice>
Did you know that when you touch a wet bongo, such as when it's raining or if your hand is wet, you come away with red dye on your hand? but the hair of the bongo is not quantifiably less red?
</docent>

It must feel good to get all those skin cells off, though. I'm itchy just looking at it.

LainLockey

Post   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:22 pm

That photo of Calvin sleeping (towards the top of the last page) is just too cute! It's almost unbearable.

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:30 pm

Calvin is known for sleeping with his eyes closed at all times :)

I got a good picture of Ernie today. It is hard to catch one because he moves so much.

Lovemypigs
Supporter in '17

Post   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:36 pm

OMG....LOVE that pic of Ernie!!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:37 pm

They are both so cute, skinnypigs1! Ernie is especially perky!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:52 pm

Those are two fabulous pictures.

serelixyue

Post   » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:02 am

Everytime I see your updates it fuels my desire to own a skinny one day!! That will make me pig collection complete :) (has there ever been skinnies in rescues over there??) Although here in HK it's almost impossible to find a skinny at the SPCA, I've only ever seen one once years ago in the pet shop.

OHHHH! Okay, that photo with calvin sleeping, first pic on the last page...is that really how pink he is?!

What pampered pigs wiped down with coconut oil, Barnaby looks very pleased with his bum. and what a great Easter photoshoot, I'm always so lazy to do photoshoots...

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:12 am

I must say, as someone with dry skin, that the after picture of an oiled up and rubbed down piggie is music to my skin. I must be so nice to see them oiled up and happy!

Lovely pictures, it's so interesting to see what a pig looks like under all of their fluff.

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:21 pm

Thank you :)

Serelixyue, I have seen a couple skinny pigs in the local SPCA and there are always a handful or more on Kijiji being rehomed (that is how I got Calvin, Hobbes and Rugby).
Also the one rescue not far from me has gotten some skinny pigs in, a few are pregnant. I had a wicked thought about wanting to adopt a pair of little ones :)

I do enjoy wiping them with the coconut oil, I always assume it feels nice after and they feel so soft, not to mention smell great.

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:49 pm

Gorgeous skinny pig pics!

LainLockey

Post   » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:16 pm

Oh man, Calvin looks so cozy! Great photos.