Skinny Pig Palace

Brainerror

Post   » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:56 am

wow! stink eye barnaby! ;)

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:37 am

Today was cage cleaning day!
It gets done every Wednesday or Thursday and Saturday or Sunday. Just depends what is going on and how messy they are.
I start off by giving them their usual morning veggies and slowly work at taking away all accessories. Once there sleeping tunnels, litter boxes and so on are removed they all know their about to get fresh clean bedding because everyone leaves their veggies and start doing laps and silly jumps.
I clean by rolling the dirty fleece in Barnaby and Ernies cage, blocking them in a small section, then lay down the clean fleece and as soon as the clean fleece is set down they jump over the giant roll of dirty fleece onto the clean side. I then place their left over veggies on the clean side and take out the dirty fleece. While they eat, I replace all fresh sleeping areas and litter box.
Same goes for Calvin and Hobbes, I clean their cage while they are in it. They stay on the dirty side while I clean one end and as soon as I am ready I just call them and they jump over to the clean side.
Grover and Rugby have to be taken out of the cage since theirs has the divider and it is hard to work around.
So here are picture after their clean cages.

Rugby and Grover got new cage liners!

Rugby napping in his cozy cocoon.

Grover in his house, recovering from his eye injury.
He is doing so much better, I really don't think he would've made it if I hadn't constantly been making him eat and drink. I had to take away his tunnel because he wouldn't leave it.
I had to move all his food into his house and really keep a close watch. After receiving drops, his eye is looking great and his spirits have lifted, today he was out to greet me for morning veggies, which the other two days he wanted nothing to do with anyone.

Barnaby being his usual adorable self, checking out the fresh tunnel.

Ernie grabbing some pellets before Barnaby gets them all.

Calvin and Hobbes snoozing, they go nuts after a clean cage and are worn out from doing laps and jumps!

Amy265

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:04 pm

I have to admit, skinnies are growing on me. You know how it is... First ya think... Hmmm, hairy pigs are for me. But then you see some skinnies and you start thinking... Wow these little sausage piggies are sooooo cute! Love your boys and love your cage gear. :)

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Sausage piggies LOL. They are cute!

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:14 pm

So comfy and spoiled!

serelixyue

Post   » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:13 pm

sausage pigges, lol! They sure love their tunnels

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:54 am

Awww, they are sweet!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:06 am

Who wouldn't love clean sheets. Can I have room service for my bedroom please?

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:01 pm

Today was parsley day!
My piggies get that two or three times a week.
Here is a video of them munching it down.
I am always amazed at how much they can fit in their mouth and how quickly it disappears!
Watch till the end, it gets cuter as it goes on.

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Hobbes's and Rugby's "I have to much in my mouth!" faces are priceless. I love those boys!

Is it just my pigs, or does herbs like parsley and cilantro make stronger smelling pee? I used to feed that stuff to my pigs pretty often, but then for about a month the store stopped selling it. By the time they'd sold it again, I of course stocked up and realized that my cages smelled fresher without feeding parsley and cilantro. I only feed it now the day before cleaning day so I don't have to put up with the smell for too long...

LandosMomma

Post   » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:26 pm

I can't watch the video until I get home! GPG, yes cilantro especially!

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:29 pm

Sometimes I do notice a stronger smell but not near as bad as when I used to give them some cilantro everyday. Now that I only give them that kind of stuff 2-3 times a week I don't really notice.
Feeding it before cage cleaning is a good idea though!