Wheekly Tales from the Timothy Bin Vol 9

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:20 pm

The economy is in shambles, full fledged wars are being fought, and in just a few hours, a used NASA satellite dish is aboot to crash onto planet Earth.
But people, have no fear, there is still reason for hope, because our chronicles are back!
This ought to provide some sorta relief to Walls Street, Somalia Famine and NASA space waste… right?

So, let’s us see….
Well, the biggest news was that momo had her uh,.. eh… 18th birthday!
That’da right people, stop adjusting your monitors and rubbing your eyes, momo at the peak of her youth.
Ironically, I am still waiting for cake by the way if Buji is reading! *cough*

We had gone through some not-so-happy weeks before this trip, and I was very happy that Maxie recovered nicely enough from his abscess surgery so we could make to our reserved dates at Yosemite.
The drive was only aboot 3 hours, and we stopped at a Mangy Moose dinner.
Curiosity kills a momo, and I just needed to find out what is a Moose Cake on their menu. I regret it aboot 1/8 way into it.

We stayed at HouseKeeping Camp, and this is view in front of our “cabin”,
And this was the back.
I was disappointed to see how low the water in Mercedes was, it threw off my joys of seeing Benben muddling with his arm floaties things…
Putting away my disappointment for a minute, I picked myself up and moved onto Plan B to see Buji suffer.
Look what we booked for us, a half day trek to Clarke’s Summit.
The next day was my actual birthday, Buji was awfully sweet, he woke up early and cooked me birthday breakfast.

However, for comparison purposes, here was the omelet I cooked,…
And 24 hours later, with the exactly same ingredients of red peppers, mushrooms, ham and onions, this was Buji’s.
We spent my birthday hiking around the Village, it was raining quite hard, but with our lunches packed and trekking poles armed, off we went.
While we were on the shuttle to the Yosemite Falls, we overheard 2 groups of people on the shuttle of how they saw a mama bear with her baby last night at the Meadows, and another group saying a lone brown bear was up among the apple trees at the back of Ahwanee.
This, was the only bear I saw in my 4 days at Yosemite, yup, this one…
I did see a deer along one of our hikes, …
And lots of chubby and comical squirrels.
It was such a bootiful and majikal feeling, among Mother Nature’s grandeur, momo felt so small.
I hugged many trees, and developed many rashes…
Watched a sunrise on a bridge,
This was my favorite picture, just us on top of Glacier Point, our world, complete.
As well as you all know a momo, many of you must be thinking, well, what aboot Bubbles or Snoopy, did they go! Of course they did! 
Of course, I tried to explain the concept of camping among nature to our wheekities, but I believe some things were lost in translations.
We had our best-est sitters Raul and Benie watching them, coming in twice a day. Upon leaving, Emma’s sweet loving words….
If I promise to miss you, will you go away now???
How did they do while we were away for 4 long days??
Well, Emma still got her swagga’
Bernie still styling his bangs,
And Maxwell, well what can I say, he is a tad slow, I no think he realized we were gone yet.

Now, before I get banned for getting off topic and procrastinating, I know everyone is waiting for picture for our McTrio’s.
Emma somehow just has Buji wrapped around her pudgy paws, a daddy’s girl who actually now programed like a dog will actually stand up and look for Buji nightly around 8pm for his return.
The seconds she starts wheeking, I can dish out dinner from the rice cooker.

I am not jellies, really, I am not jellies.
Benben brought home toys, fabrics and Oxbow by the 50lbs for Emma, and what did he get me? Chicken wires and Gallardo?!?

Bernie is still in the hazardous relationship with Emma. Where is the problem, you ask?
Well, he loves her just as much as she loathes him!
How’s that for a relationship???

Maxwell has been through a lot lately, and I have been playing it low to prying eyes.
After it became obvious that the McTrio wasn’t happy living together in the same cage, a trusted friend offered to bring Maxie into her own herd.
momo relied on updates and assurances over the phone that Maxie was happy in the new home.
But Maxie wasn’t fine though, and this became clear the following Saturday when momo saw him again.
I broke down on the car ride home, I touched and felt many bumps on his little body, little did I know what my vet would find on the following day.
We found 13 bites over him, and 4 open abscesses…

I deliberate for a long time how and should I even post aboot this story, but I decided I should.
I had a very difficult time dealing with it, I felt betrayed.
But then I realized I had no right to be mad at her…
It was ultimately my responsibility to keep Maxie safe, and I failed him.

Many visits to the vet were made, including a surgical procedure to remove the deepest of the abscesses, Maxie is now better and healing well.
I post this today, because I no longer struggle as to how you will all judge me, but because I feel everyone of you regard me as your friend, and I should be honest.

I now try very hard to let Maxie know that everything is just gonna be fine.
There will be comfy beds waiting for him,...

Many years of flowbee ahead,...

Pancaking naps,...

and,.. empty food bowls too,..

Uh,.. wait wait, what the what?
Room service?!?

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:30 pm

Wonderful update. So glad Maxie is going to be fine. He is very lucky to be back home and to stay safe. Hugs!

clairey

Post   » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:41 pm

Ow, poor Maxie, I'm glad he's back with you now. He's such a handsome boy, with such looks he doesn't need brains too.

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:58 pm

Yay new Chronicles.

Momo, as your friend I have to say your blame and fear of us blaming you is wrong, wrong, wrong. We know you do what is best and we all know you'd never leave any of your pigs if you were not sure of the care they would get.

I'm sorry Maxie had such a hard time and I am so glad he is back with your and is happy again.

I can foresee many happy days with your trio and I hope to follow along with you.

Hugs to everyone.

onetwo

Post   » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:00 pm

Wow 50 pages just flew right by! Great update.

So glad that everything is going good despite the rough patch in the middle. Herd dynamics are never easy. Don't beat yourself up too much. I understand what you are going through.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:58 pm

No Momo, you were not at fault in poor little Max's case! That was a complete betrayal of trust on the part of this person. You had no way of knowing what would happen.

I'm glad to see everyone is lookin' good though. To me you look as though you've lost some weight.

Ben-cake-now!! ; )

Thegirlsnme

Post   » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:10 pm

I am so happy we have tales again! And am happy that Maxie is back with you. I have a soft spot for that little fella!

And no one is going to think badly of you. You tried it out. It didn't work. You fixed it. Nothing bad in my book!

clairey

Post   » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:18 pm

I'd like to echo the sentiment that trying Maxwell in a new home was actually a really difficult decision you made trying to give Maxie the happiest life possible with some piggy friends to live with.

I'm also going to stand up a little bit for his temporary home - he should have been checked regularly for wounds after intros but even short haired pigs are difficult to check properly never mind a peruvian and if noone witnessed the aggression they'd not know to look really, really carefully. Also it'd be really hard to tell if a pig you didn't know well yet was feeling a bit out of sorts. Still, by the time you got to him and could feel the bumps of the abscesses they really should have known there was an issue.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:56 pm

Momo, your vacation pictures are wonderful! The views are amazing, and the critters are cute. You and Ben are great models for Yosemite!

Miss Emma, McBernie, and Maxie are back with a new episode! Yay! So glad that Maxie has recovered and is part of the McTrio again. :)

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:40 pm

waloo, I am so glad you all no angry at me.
Geesh, if I knew you guys were that understanding, I should have told you the truth 3 weeks ago instead of walking around in shame and awkwardness...
Now I know, you all lurve a momo. :)

Now now, I have to share a story that I am not proud of...
While staying in our cabin, this was the view.
Glacier point is on my left, and Half Dome (beyond the picture) on my right.
If I had longer arms, I swear I could have touched them...
Anyhoo, so momo had Sarah Palin moment, and it went a little like this, between a momo and a park ranger at our campsite.

Momo: Hello, i would like to know how long would it take to drive up to Glacier Point from here, we have a starlight tour tonight at 8pm.
Ranger: Well, I want you to be safe, and I am gonna say it would take about 50min to an hour, depending how you drive.
Momo: Uh,.. to Glacier Point?
*pointing my finger to it from my camp*
I can literally see it from my site, it would take an hour?
Ranger: *dramatic sigh*
Well, Sarah Palin could see Russia out of her backyard, I don't see her walking there after a weekday dinner anytime soon...
Momo: ....

This map clearly show how close we were, but the only route accessible by car is outlined in BLACK - hence, an hour.
The two stars indicate our campsite and Glacier Point, see, kid you not, literally next door!

Last weekend, running errands after a business meeting in Downtown San Francisco, Buji brought home these cute fabrics to make cage blankies for Emma.
Why does he do things like that?
Did he really forget that a sewing machine is the equivalent of Weapon of Momo Destruction?

I know BugsMom, you tell buji.
I still need a cake, complete with candles.
We had a slice of chocolate cake at Ahwanee Brunch, but that didn't have candles, so it doesn't count!
And yes, it is true, momo still drinks milk every morning along with my breakfast, not ashamed to admit it too! :P

Sadly, I gained 7 whopping pounds on this camping trip, wahh, I am ashamed to admit my weight now approaches a new high!
Hey, but I guess i hide it well no?

By the way, did you guys noticed from this posted picture that even then, Emma and Bernie were in the midst of a squabble?

If I were a Maxwell and watching these 2 social animals "getting along" downstairs, I would be rather skeptical of having friends...?!?

goosey1019

Post   » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:15 pm

Maxwell is such a cutie and I'm glad he's doing better now. :)

I am also SUPER jealous of your trip to Yosemite! My family went a few summers in a row many years ago and I've been dying to go back ever since!

CavyHouse
Supporter in '11

Post   » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:40 pm

It looks like you had a wonderful time. And it's not nice to post photos of chocolate cake like that unless you have some for everyone!

So glad everyone is ok. And quit blaming yourself.