Guinea Pig Math Schimpf Style.

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:57 pm

Rosabella!! She is super cute.

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:58 pm

After asking Momo, I decided on naming our new skinny girl...

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:04 pm

So cute!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:51 am

I know I'm probably going to get some slack from people here. It was hard to do but here is some updates.

As so of you know from Cavy Chat, Mizty is a wild pig. After trying to demolish Reko's cage during floor time and beating up Romeo, which resulted in a good scare to Aolani, I contacted Kat at the rescue. Trying to figure out what to do with Mitzy. I'd never seen such an aggressive sow before. Kat and I talked back and forth about Mitzy going to her. She has her personal sows she wanted to try with her and if that didn't work out she has the room to house her in a non pet store cage, something I don't.

The final decision was left to me and me alone. I contact my family, asked some friends and everyone agreed, I was not abandoning her, I was giving her a chance. I still feel like such an hypocrite giving her to Kat.

Wait there is more to this story, I let Kat take her in exchange for fostering two 12 (now 13) day old sows. Their mom stopped caring for them and their siblings (5 total). She also stopped eating and became very ill so Kat had to remove the mother from them.

Satu was 109gs when she came in. Just a wee thing. Her sister Thora isn't much better at 145gs.

The other part to them coming is that once they are big enough, I'll be trying each with Reko. So this is kinda like speed dating... very slowly. We are going this route because all the other females currently at the rescue are either too sick, too young, about to pop or part of her personal herd. This gives Kat a bit of a break (2 less mouths to hand feed and watch) and it gives me two girls to try with Reko in a while.

Here is a photo of them:
Thora (left) and Satu (right).

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:57 pm

They are awfully cute!

tashab

Post   » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:08 pm

They're very sweet! I hope one of them takes to Reko for you.

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Thanks! I agree they are so cute. I had them out for a while for floor time and my youngest ran around the grids. They followed him around the cage every time it was adorable!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:34 pm

Ummm girls...

Girls?

Hi Thora! Umm Satu?

Ah they you girls go. So are you ready to tell everyone how much weight you put on since coming here Saturday night?

Satu: " I've put on 40gs!"

Thora: "I too have put on 40gs and..."

"It makes me sooo happy!"

Even if your getting a little chunky bum?

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:37 pm

These guys are just so cute!

Crazy4me

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:01 pm

Just so adorable, so glad to hear they are doing well!

Breadfan4

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:45 pm

Awww!! Baby piggies are the best!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:05 pm

They are adorable fluff balls. Glad to know they're putting on weight.