Guinea Pig Math Schimpf Style.

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:05 pm

You should try sewing with a machine, if I can self teach myself I'm sure you could learn Serena.

Eve is looking old and old these days. I spend extra time cuddling her because I know it wont be long. She is after all 7-8 years old this year.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:21 pm

I see the stink eye everyone is giving mum, ha ha. However, I commend you as it must have been quite an exercise with your herd. Love how fluffy everyone is, and yes, extra cuddles & scritches to Eve.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:25 pm

Oh my goodness, your mommy did the B thing on you!
*gasp*
can't be forgiven!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 am

All spring-cleaned and swooshy-furred again!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:51 am

I did it, I managed to not adopt any more pigs for 1 whole month. I know what your thinking... but why? Well on top of having 4 to deal with I also have my surgery (when ever that is... sigh). I have promised to hold out until AFTER I recover. But... but... sigh, I just want to save them all.

I think the only good part about having to wait like this, is I for once, can be very choosy. Usually I get emails asking to take this pig or that pig, but with a 5 month wait I can skim through all the hopeful adoptables from the SPCA and Kijiji.

My thought pattern is this:

I want a female for Romeo, this way Eve and Romeo can get adjusted to her.

I want an adult pig, preferably 1.5-3 years. Romeo is approx. 1.5 yrs.

I also would like a short haired. With Reko as my only short haired pig, I have always wanted another short haired to have a lovely mix and match of hairs. I've also spent the last 4 years with mostly long haired and while I love them all it would be nice to by pass the monthly hair cuts.

I also would like a solid or mixed color pig. Reko's coloring was one of my dream pigs. I was really lucky to snag him from the SPCA when he came in, his brothers didn't stay long after I adopted him. I have ALWAYS loved orange pigs but for what ever reason there is never any at the SPCA or on Kijiji.

Another thing I have to think about is, that for what ever reason, the SPCA has not had any guinea pigs for the last 2 weeks. Which is RARE! I was thinking about adopting from them again, but I don't know. 2/3 pigs I have adopted from them had mites. Eve was said to be 1.5 yrs old with cataracts and arthritis, which my vet confirmed was wrong, she was 4-5 yrs not 1.5. When it comes to cats and dogs, they are great. Heck even bunnies they are great but guinea pigs... they suck with them.

Which brings me back to kijiji. Lately I noticed a lot of baby guinea pigs, which makes me think, BREEDERS. I've found a few ads that interest me, usually older pigs, single pigs or mom and babies going together.

Argh why is adopting the perfect pig always so hard. Why can't there be a "perfect pig" button in life? I guess thats because all pigs are perfect. ;)

tashab

Post   » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:37 pm

Good job on holding out eschimpf! Stay strong in the face of the adorable faces - the right one will come along at the right time for you :)

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Thanks Tasha. Its been really hard knowing I have the space for another female. There have been a few pigs I wanted to rescue but I know I can't right now.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:05 am

Lol, love the bathing pics!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:47 pm

"Look at what mommy made me."

"Since I am the only girl in the house there is no mistaking that I, Queen Eve, got my very own cuddle bed."

"It really brings out the color of my everything doesn't it?"

"It makes my backside look even more perfect."

"Its just so comfy and so all mine."

Little does Eve know that I also made some for the boys ;)

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:10 pm

You look positively stunning Eve! Everything about the bed suits you. I'm glad the boys got something too though ; )

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:18 pm

I agree ... Eve looks fantastic in her new cuddle cup. She looks very comfy in it.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:50 am

It is wonderful and looks so cosy :)