Pigapalooza -- The Snickerspants Chronicles IV

TexCavy

Post   » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:49 am

Ouiser is definitely smiling about it!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:42 pm

I wish this were a picture of my big brave Snick and his pushy but oddly timid mate Ouiser sending me their love and saying "we miss you!"

But I think it's more likely that Snick and Ouiser saw a hooman with opposable thumbs and realized breakfast was a long time ago.

Sigh.

Sidera17

Post   » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:26 am

Alden, I clip the coroplast/fleece together with those same black clips. Do your pigs ever play with them, ie flip them up or break the wire off?

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:53 am

Sidera, I use the same clips to clip the fleece to the coroplast, not so much to prevent burrowing but to stop the folding (sound familiar anyone?). I also use them to clip towels as covers for their shelf cum hidey. My girls ignore them. I think having lived in an acquarium, they now have other things to amuse them in the C&C.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:27 am

Ouiser nibbles sometimes but not really. They have other ways of getting into trouble!

rshevin

Post   » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:51 am

I used binder clamps to hold my fleece in place too. A few members warned me against toe nails getting caught. I had mine holding the fleece on the coroplast with the handles facing downward and also flat on the surface of my ramp. I can certainly see how that would be a nail catch risk so I ended up just popping the handles off between cage changes.

SwtMelly

Post   » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:04 pm

Ditto rshevin, just squeeze the 'handle' and you can remove them from the body of the clip.

Sidera17

Post   » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:48 pm

My pigs (taught by Spike) grab the wire part and pull on it until it snaps up. I didn't think it was dangerous until somehow Spike snapped one completely off and the wire fell into the cage. Never had the toenail problems though.

serelixyue

Post   » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:03 am

alden, love the cuddle cups you made, beautiful!!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:13 am

Last night's picture messages...

Why do both of these feature pushy, dominant males in the foreground and hungry but timid females in the background?

clairey

Post   » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:48 am

They are gentlepigs looking after their dainty womenfolk.

Sidera17

Post   » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Notice how Albert is using the more dignified stare-down technique, while Snickers is using the more common "Slam your body against the bars" prison technique. *lol*