Pigapalooza -- The Snickerspants Chronicles IV

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:28 am

Best of luck, ninja vibes and karate joojoo to Snickers.
Remember to drink a cup of hot cocoa before you leave, it is a good luck ritual in our house whenever someone has to go to the Dr's.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:12 am

Good luck Snickers!!

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:31 am

I'm going to be at Dr. A's today with a rescue pig so I will check on the boy when I am there. I'm sure he will be fine. I've had <starts counting on fingers, goes to toes, loses track> countless number of pigs neutered there and no issues at all. She did the Butterbean wig too, before he was introduced to Ms. Cookie! Snick is in good hands!

violagirl3

Post   » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:51 am

I'm sure Snickers will come through with flying colors. I keep threatening Neo with neutering every time he sprays or enthusiastically humps something, but he always sees through my idle threats.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Awwww you GUYS... Dr. Ahearn just called. She didn't operate. In case any of us had any doubt that she's the most dedicated pig vet in the ENTIRE WORLD, she was giving the Snick a once-over and detected masses under/around/something his nipples. She wants to cysto something and went ahead and "took a quick xray" and says nothing has metastasized that she can see but she won't operate until she's sure he doesn't have cancer.

SERIOUSLY BUMMED AND FREAKING. Snickers is my favorite (don't tell the others). And he's only 2.5 years old. :((((

I'm going to cross-post this to his medical thread too.

violagirl3

Post   » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:14 pm

Oh no Alden! At least she caught it early, and hopefully it is nothing too serious.

Nemo

Post   » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:22 pm

Sending good thoughts to Snickers!

clairey

Post   » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:12 pm

Wow, I hope it's nothing. :( That's a great vet though.

Anyone else about to go and prod their boys' mammary areas right this second?

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:59 pm

"Cagemate? What? New Mom, I assure you -- I've been a single pig since I got rid of Wendell. Nobody is *missing*."

TexCavy

Post   » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Sidney was my male pig who had breast masses and he lived to be like 7 1/2. He went in to have those removed and got a surprise neutering. Best wishes and luck to Snicky Man. We really do love him.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:33 am

*whispering*
Your secret is safe with us...

Now, sending you more ninja vibes.
I hope you hear some answers soon, we all know waiting is always the hardest part.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:09 am

My Lister was a lumpy piggy, and he had to have a mammary mass taken away. He did really well through the surgery and managed to recover fine even when he removed the stitches himself and had to go back for a new set.

He did turn into Mr. One Nip Lister though, he was terribly embarrassed about losing his man boob!

Lots of good luck vibes heading in the Snicks direction!