Pigjes Pigs Piggadise Part Poo ... erm ... Two!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:29 am

Thanks! Yep, Aiko was almost just 2 pounds / 899 g at the age of 4 months. She's as tall as Yiyi and Plucky already size wise.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:04 am

Thats like my Chock and Spike. Chock is slightly longer than spike but he is half a kg lighter. Spike is a little barel lol

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:11 am

Took some pics!

Plucky's first action was to bump the bear upside down, complaining strongly about what he was doing there!

Yuyu is the easiest model for a photo shoot. She just lets it all happen.

Yiyi decided to turn the entire setting from left to right. Oh, well, works too.

Aiko was in heat and her interest in bear was initially a bit too strong from his part, but as soon as she found out he wasn't a piggie, she just waited for her treat to arrive. Bear got dumped on his first date!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:53 am

What beautiful pigs!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:05 am

Beautiful indeed!

Also, the last pic looks like a possible calendar contender, if you're at all interested in submitting it to the calendar possibilities folder for next year!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:48 am

Thanks!

Lynx: you got it ;)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:34 pm

Thanks to you!

tashab

Post   » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:11 pm

Look at how fuzzy Aiko has gotten!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:51 am

Love your pictures and captions PJ.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:54 am

Thanks!

Lately, I saw several people who had Mel Chan doll beds for their pigs and they seemed to enjoy it. I had Ikea doll beds for them several years ago, but they were a bit high, even after cutting a bit off the legs, and got chewed till they became too dangerous to use. The bed bottom was made from pressed wood, which also crumbled fast. The pigs only preferred to sit under them, same with the small dog bed I bought for them. This one rusted so fast, I had to throw it out after a few uses.

The new beds are made from a sturdy non chewable plastic, only the bed bottom had to be altered, as a piece of cardboard over 2 supports is not strong enough and not pee proof. I had some leftover piece of vetbed, so that was cut to fit. I have enough vetbed to replace daily for a week.

As soon as the beds were placed, the pigs did not use them, only after putting vegs on top lured them into getting on the beds. I moved the beds under a hanging piece of fleece and then they became occupied instantly. So, very pleased with the beds.

Plucky snoozing blissfully.

Aiko looking cute.

Yuyu shocked by the privacy invasion.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:31 am

That is cute!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:20 am

I like the beds! Having a cover was a great idea!