Pigjes Pigs Piggadise Part Poo ... erm ... Two!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:21 am

The nettle tea was tried over 25 years or so, because I had so many uncontrollable bladder infections, they went up and infected my kidneys, which caused several kidney crisis attacks back then. I was advised to use nettle tea. It didn't help me, unfortunately. I never tried it on the pigs, but I had herb rolls with nettle a few times and they refused to eat them, so I'm afraid it will be a daily struggle to get some tea in.

So far so good on Urologist. Haven't heard any whimpers yet.

I wish European laws weren't that strict to send stuff over like that. They don't allow it anymore and they open up deliveries to check. I have been looking for corn silk here, haven't found anything so far. Thanks so much for the offer though!

Brainerror

Post   » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:58 am

Not even at the TOKO or Chinese herbalist store? I'm not sure about Belgium, but Holland has a huge Asian community now, esp in Rotterdam. If you're ever up that way I bet you could find it.

Sorry to hear nettle tea didn't work :( My pigs adore those treats and the tea, so it was easy to give.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:33 am

I think Brussels and Antwerp has a Chinese store. Problem is, being disabled, living in a country with sad accessibility for people with limited mobility, I will have to ask one of my friends if she ever gets there.

Brainerror

Post   » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:40 am

Ah of course, I forgot :( Hope one of your friends can get it for you.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:18 am

In order to keep track of Whoopy's emergency, for those who want to:
viewtopic.php?t=63628&highlight=

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:41 am

Whoopy didn't make it. She was only 26 months old. She was a funny pig who enjoyed playing pranks with the others. She was very sweet to the baby twins. She loved her twin sister very much, they were together a lot.

The vet said his assistants were impressed by the fact that she was such a good girl and that they were all so sad because she didn't make it. Yep, she was very sweet indeed.

Hub is devastated too. She took to him a lot lately and started kissing him. We will miss her cheerful character very much. Bye Whoopy, hopefully one day we will meet again!

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:03 am

Oh no!!! :'(

I'm so sorry! You did all for her.
She lived a short time, but had a great and happy life with you.

Rest well, little one. You're so loved.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:06 am

Oh no, I am so sorry, Pigjes. You did all you could. At least Whoopy found YOU and your husband and had a wonderful life . . . I know it doesn't make it ok, but she had happiness and love, fun and joy. Hugs to you and husband x

minismama

Post   » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:21 am

I am so sorry to hear that she didn't make it.

Brainerror

Post   » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:37 am

Oh no.... I'm so sorry, I really am.You tried all you could and all to give her the best life possible. I'm so sorry she did not recover :(

Another star in heaven. RIP Whoopy you gorgeous fluffy girl.

Sidera17

Post   » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:24 am

Oh no, I am sorry you lost her. :(

JadeMagpie

Post   » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Oooooh! I am so sorry :(