Milkyway - From Hell to Here aka Mikly & Friends

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:25 pm

Recap -

Milkyway is the pink eyed white boar who had a journey through hell before arriving at the TX Rustlers Guinea pig Rescue. www.theguinapigrescue.com
He came in with the worst painful back abcess they have ever seen and still he persits in having a fun, colorful personality.
Here he is after surgery.

Here he is before:
WARNING : GRAPHIC
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/ ... kwound.jpg

More detail on that in original thread:
viewtopic.php?t=54810

And here he is now:
Kissing his Mistress Guinness, who lives next door to his harem of girls.

Mikly got his nickname from a typing error I made in the title of his introduction thread.
Funny oops and cute nickname arises - heheh

Soon a recap on the Harem and the rest of the TexCavy clan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more thing an announcement on the winner of the photo caption contest for the Following photo coming even sooner. Last chance to enter a caption, but remember all I can award one is the glory and having your caption on the pic when I post it on facebook.

MY PAST PIGS, Reuben Ridgeback (right) and Sienna Rohan Hollister (left)

Ellisa

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Oh, god. My heart sank when I saw the pic of his abcess. Poor little muffin.
I love the kissing picture!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:06 pm

That kind of skin issue looks awful. We've had a few pigs with similar things - they all look awful! I have never gotten a truly definitive diagnosis on exactly what it is and how it forms.

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:29 pm

I think it was one of those things that was at first called a sebaceous cyst or something. I'll have to go back and look at that article you wrote Lynx. I think it was yours. Anyway, if they burst or get bitten open they exude this pasty stuff that at first doesn't smell until its been open a while and bacteria gets in there. And its all granule like and stuff as it dries. Ick.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:55 pm

Milk Dude! I loves me some Milkyway!

Mr Demus 625
Supporter in 2012

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:15 pm

I was actually born with one on my forehead and that's about what it looked like.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:50 pm

That picture never ceases to creep me out. Frankenpiggy!

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:50 am

Poor little guy, that's horrible!

Glad to see he's all better and enjoying kissing his lady friends now, he's such a cutie!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Reuben: Yes! Yes! Yes! I DO!
Sienna: So do I - now where the salad?

Lovely pics and well done with Mickly, Tex.

LandosMomma

Post   » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:58 pm

What a brave guy! I love the ear smoosh picture so much!

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Did you ever say how the milky man got to the rescue? Was he dropped off? Abandoned? Given up? Just found somewhere?

TexCavy

Post   » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:24 pm

TXR got him from animal control. But his sweet loving personality with a tendency to nip, but rarely nip hard, made me believe that he was loved by a kid who's parents would not spring for a vet. Thankfully he did get to one in time.

Lynx - Follicular Cyst, I believe is what type it is. Found the link to the article:
viewtopic.php?t=25794
His original one just burst or got chewed open and became infected with bacteria. They said it smelled horrid and was the worst abscess they had seen.

He has at least two more lumps growing; one on his back and one near the shoulders. If they never get very large he will be fortunate and not have to go to any more surgery. But I keep an eye on them to see how they are progressing all the time. At least they are not open like that one and therefor not infected and they are noncancerous.

He's been with us nearly three years.
And we don't know how old he was before.
At least he's still acting pretty spry for a white guy. ;)