There's a Mouse in the House!

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:43 pm

Oh, they were wheeeeeking at each other this morning! Ace has become more vocal in the last week because of him. It is SO HARD not to let them see each other. They both seem lonely, and Oliver's quarantine cage is smaller than I would like it to be, for space reasons - it's the only way I can keep them in separate rooms. I keep telling him he will be in a nice condo very soon - and he also gets out to run around alot.

Oliver is a popcorning FIEND. He carries on for 5 minutes every morning lol.

ETA: What are the thoughts on 2 vs 3 week quarantine? I would obviously rather do 2, but if 3 is safer, will go that route.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:50 pm

Has the new guy been treated for mites? Relatively healthy? If so, I think the two week one would likely be fine.

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:42 pm

I have not treated him for mites, and I'm guessing the rescue didn't either. knock on wood he seems pretty healthy. I wish I could get his weight up faster but I don't know what a realistic expectation on that is.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:09 am

Congrats on your new boy! What a cutie!

It's a page of two back, but Percy gave me the same scare this summer. He checked out fine, and we're wondering if it wasn't just his way of cooling down in my new apt (no central air, just a wall unit and fans).

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:48 am

Popcorning fiend :-) need video proof!

clairey

Post   » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:10 am

When I adopted Robert, he ate like a fiend but only put on a little weight at first then plateau'd. It was only when he moved in with Stephen that it began to go steadily up. The sensible part of my brain says that underweight pigs need to put on muscle first and that takes longer. The romantic in me wants to think that friendship makes the difference. It's probably a bit of both.

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:12 am

Okay, because he gained like an ounce within the first 2 days, and now is stuck there. He eats fine, and acts fine, just wish he would throw on some weight.

Hopefully Ace will teach him how to properly chub out.

I thought about giving him critical care to eat free will, but I'm afraid he'll get a taste for that, and then won't eat his normal noms.

Bytxlaura, I can NOT get photobucket to upload videos from my phone. It's irritating. Methinks I need a new hosting site! Ideas?

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:26 am

Oliver says good morning!! :)

Well-pig check tonight!

Last night, Ace took off for the quarantine room during floor time. They are very aware of each other now, and its getting LOUD!! :-D

Lovemypigs
Supporter in '17

Post   » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Good morning Oliver, you are looking very cute this morning!

goosey1019

Post   » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:12 pm

Aw, look at that crest. It's adorable!

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:20 pm

Ack. I think he has mites. At least I'm hoping that's what it is. He freaks out anytime I scratch him, especially on his butt. I have video I'm trying to upload.... at one point when I scratched him he literally rolled halfway over trying to get away from it. He passed his vet check for everything elae, so I hope it's not something serious :(

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:43 pm