There's a Mouse in the House!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:52 pm

Indeed! My bottle is pretty darn big for what I need! I used a little under 0.2cc (a couple weeks ago, more for a first dose - Merck's manual even noted higher doses -- poor Mia!).

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:32 pm

Messy boy! :)

In other news. Ace gained an ounce in 5 days, on his diet. Oy vey! 2# 12.4 oz.

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:25 pm

Okay, someone tell me to calm down.

Oliver is gaining a bit of weight slowly. It's hard for me to tell how much hay he eats, since it's in a pile, but I assume by his weight he is eating enough. He got dose #2 of ivermectin tonight. Yesterday and today both I saw him sitting "fluffy" in his cage. As soon as I pet him he runs around like normal, and I've only seen it twice... but still. I petrified he has a stone. He has no other symptoms but the double-fluffy-sit, but given my luck lately I'm not very positive.

I'm wondering if this could be from the *possibly suspected* mites? He has been scratching quite a bit tonight, in many different places, and when he's eating, he will "jump" a bit and squint his eyes, then start scratching. Then is fine. Would the mites still be around after the first treatment?

Worried mama. :-(

P.s. I can't bring myself to make a med thread for him.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:16 pm

I remember people saying it can take several treatments. Hang in there!

clairey

Post   » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:44 am

I'm pretty sure that mites get bitey in their death throes so pigs can itch more/feel worse for a short time after the ivermectin. He should seem noticably less itchy within a day though, in my experience.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:45 am

What I think of is if they are under the skin, you have a dead mite under the skin. More irritating than a dead mite that falls off an animal (like Northern fowl mites do not burrow but would instead fall off a bird).

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:11 pm

Intros are happening. As we speak. Hoping for no herniation. This scares me now.

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Ummmmm.... is this really boar glue?

I've never seen this much at ONCE before! :-S

goosey1019

Post   » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:19 pm

I've seen globs that size in Mozzie's fur before. Usually a nice hard ball of it right against the skin. Hope you got it up off your carpet right away!

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:51 pm

I did.... with a razor blade. Lol

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:31 pm

Intros - 3.5 hours.

Cage rebuild - 40 minutes

Boar stank and glue removal from carpet - 30 minutes

Saxxy leg - priceless

Tired boys.

I'm sure they'll be up and rested when I'm trying to sleep. Egads. :)

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:41 am

Cute leggies!!

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:27 am

Wow, your boars plum wore each other out! The looks on their faces are priceless, too. Ace looks like he narrowly managed to get out of the road before a semi blew past. And Oliver (the semi?) looks frustrated, like he is thinking *Must sniff rumble chase hump dominate explore eat more more MORE but... just... can't... move...*

And, your poor carpet...

My little boy will produce that much glue at once -- if he gets excited enough. Certain cozies are repeated targets, not sure why he falls in love with some but not others.

Hope they let you sleep tonight!

GPIG

Post   » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:50 am

Perfect looking poo though!!!

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:19 am

They were QUIET all night!!! I woke up a couple times and checked on them, and sometimes they were eating, sometimes they were zonked. I have never seen either of them so tired. It's hilarious.

They are sleeping and eating *near* each other, and this morning it sounded like this:

*munch munch rumble hump hump popcoooooorn*

Oliver was definitely dominant during the 3 hours they were out of the cage last night, but Ace was after they were in their redesigned cage. I have no idea who is the top pig in this cage. Time will tell. They love their new cage, its much bigger!

I told them if they were good all day, they could have their houses back. *snicker*

ETA: I didn't take weights this morning, I was too scared. I knew I would freak out if Oliver lost weight, which *probably* happened. Heh. Hopefully Ace gets a little more exercise now. :)

clairey

Post   » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:49 am

Ah, they look so worn out!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:19 am

Pretty good post intro photos actually. I hope they continue to get along. Will be nice for both to have company, even if they can't be best pals. But sleeping near each other is a good sign.

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:17 am

All is well, so far. There is still a little rumbling and occasional mounting, but it is better than I expected. I did weigh-ins last night, and Oliver had lost about an ounce, and Ace had lost about 2.5 oz, since his last weigh in.

I don't weigh Ace as often (once every week or week and a half), so this may be in part to his "diet" of greatly reduced pellets, and partly due to the exercise he is now receiving. :) I am watching closely, and will weigh him more often until he stabilizes.

Will try and get more pics up tonight :)

clairey

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:53 pm

Yes, we need more pics of the new pals. Oliver looks so plush and squishable.

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:14 pm

Do you see what I see? :-D weights are up today.

659 posts