Sunshine meets her new friend

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue May 01, 2012 2:17 am

That's great to hear that the sisters will be together. You'' have fun watching the herd interact and seeing lola & Mika bloom.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue May 01, 2012 3:20 am

Glad you found a great home for the baby boy! They are such sweeties!

Supa

Post   » Sun May 06, 2012 5:46 pm

Just dropping in to say the piggy family is doing great. It is waaaaay too adorable seeing Mika and April go on popcorning sprees when it is time for veggies.

We decided the closest thing to compare it to is watching a bull trying to knock someone of his back in a rodeo lol.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed May 09, 2012 3:04 am

Adorable!!

Piggywig

Post   » Wed May 09, 2012 3:25 pm

What a beautiful (and expanded!) family you have. So happy everything turned out OK for little pregnant Mama pig and that everyone is getting along.

Supa

Post   » Tue May 15, 2012 12:13 am

Hey all,

All is here is well in piggy land and the girls are enjoying some nice fresh fleece in their cage. I'm a little bummed tonight and don't really have any other outlet to talk about this to. Every once in a while I just start thinking about my first pig Lucy who passed on a while back.

She was really the start of my craziness with guinea pigs. Sure my ex had 2 who I still love dearly but Lucy was the first pig to live with me. We first got her from our local animal control. They had her in a kennel in the same room as about 20 cats. She must have been terrified.

We knew right when we saw her that we were not leaving that place without taking her with us. It took 2 days for her to actually even poop. They had been feeding her what looked like rabbit food.

She became such a daddy's girl though let me tell you. She was run up to the front of the cage and let me pet her head and she especially liked when I would rub under her chin. I watched this shy pig just bloom into this happy girl just loving life and loving her environment.

When she met Sunshine everything was perfect and the two were great friends in no time. Lucy taught Sunshine how to cage bite which Sunshine has faithfully carried on doing (I'm sure as a tribute to her buddy).

We had no real way to know how old Lucy was when we rescued her. The website said she was 5 and I suppose it was possible. She just had that look of an old lady to her, but that never stopped her from eating more than I've seen any other pig eat. She loved food. She loved her friend. She loved her mommy and daddy and she loved life.

I had almost no warning when she went. During the day she didn't finish her pellets. At night she wasn't too interested in veggies. Just a nibble here and there. I knew something wasn't quite right but it was pretty late. Around 11:30pm. I took her out of the cage and laid with her on my lap for a half hour or so just holding her and petting her. She was very calm but you could tell she just felt safe there with her daddy.

Six hours later I woke up for work and she was laying there. Breathing very softly. I broke down right there. I pet her gently and told her everything was ok and that daddy was there. And just like that she let go.

It really was like she waited to say goodbye to me. To this day it still breaks my heart and on random nights it just really gets to me. Like tonight. Thanks for letting me vent to you all. She really was an amazing little girl and had a profound impact on my life. I will never forget her.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue May 15, 2012 12:58 am

So sorry for your loss. Sunshine was obviously a special girl whom you'll always love. Even though our pets are never with us long enough, I too remember mine with great fondness.

Piggywig

Post   » Tue May 15, 2012 9:56 am

I know you won't every forget her. Lucy made an impact on you, and some little ones just do that more than others. It's not because you love them more, it's just because there is something about them, some connection they make with your heart that just is so strong. Thank you for sharing that connection with us. She was a beautiful girl, inside and out. *hugs*

AlisaPiig
Piig Life

Post   » Tue May 15, 2012 10:52 am

I completely understand having a difficult time on random days when remembering the loss of one of those very special ones. It will be one year in June since I lost my avatar piggie, Butters, and all of a sudden I will break down at the memory of her final hours and how I found her. It is very painful and I remember every detail. But it was because of her that I found this site and can share with people that understand this connection, like yourself.

Lucy will never forget you, either! And you can celebrate her legacy with the special new ones that you have, they are so precious. I have a 'Mika' too, but her name is spelled Miikka after a hockey goalie. :)

Topaz

Post   » Tue May 15, 2012 11:42 am

I understand too, Supa. I think we all do. I've had 7 pigs now over many years(two still with me), but there are a couple that pop into my mind constantly and that I miss DAILY. You can never replace those special ones, the ones that you form such a close bond with, or the feelings that they gave you(and you, them).

That being said, I love ALL of my pigs, each is unique, and when one leaves me, they take a piece of my heart.

rpaws

Post   » Tue May 15, 2012 11:02 pm

I have lost 8 guinea pigs to the rainbow bridge. I still love and think of them every day. Some days are good and other days are not so good for thinking about one of them.

I like to think there is a little part of them still with me because I know they took a little part of me when they left.

maggiemae

Post   » Sun May 20, 2012 6:21 pm

You meant the world to Lucy. You gave her an amazing life and she appreciated every second of it. Next time try to just be happy and proud of that.

She was a special piggy. I miss her a lot too. She has a picture on my fridge with the rest of them. It makes me sad to look at it sometimes but at the same time I don't want to forget her.

It looks like Sunshine has some awesome new friends. I'm glad she is happy and doing well.