The Southern Boars

serelixyue

Post   » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:33 am

I want Smokey and Jester. Alot

Piggywig

Post   » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:47 am

It's beginning to be a tradition now... Sunday night supper is two corn on the cobs for me, and silks and husks for the piggywigs - in addition to their regular dinner. It's their appetizer. We've had this combo together for the past month now, and are really enjoying it.

Dollar tree is a great place to get fluffy beds for them, I visit them Sunday afternoons sometimes, and look in the car care section. They have the softest small blankets there. I always wash them first, and the boys love them. Last night, their tummies were full, and they had new blankies, and I didn't hear a peep out of them as I was going to sleep. Super-sweet content piggies.

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Poor Louie, being called "Rerun."

KarenHank

Post   » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:42 pm

I love Louie in the red hat! So cute!

Piggywig

Post   » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:24 pm

Saw some wheatgrass in the store Sunday, and couldn't resist it, so tonight, we had a little party. The pictures and the video say it best. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcst6UM ... e=youtu.be

Attack of the piggies!
wheatgrassattack by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

Not so blurry... looking calm.
wheatgrassgroup by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

You can see that Louie has calmed down a bit -either that or lost some of his appetite for hair- because Smokey's pretty mane is growing back.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:01 pm

Your boars are all so handsome. Lovely to see them enjoying the wheat grass. That's always a big hit with my girls as well.

Piggywig

Post   » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:51 am

Wish I was at home with my sweet little pigs today. Snickers and Moonpie are the best at cuddling, even if Moonpie is the worst about peeing -- he once was all stretched out and took a giant pee right in my hair. Didn't even give me any signs, no pulling at the blanket, no peepee dance, no nothing.

Still wish I was at home cuddling with them, feeding them nibbles and listening to their little noises close to my ears.

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:36 am

I don't blame you. They are such beatiful boys.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:31 am

Pee hair! Naughty Moonpie!

Piggywig

Post   » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:53 am

Checking in! Last week I had to treat for fleas, yuck! So I put everyone in another room, in an empty 2 x 2 to hang out with a mountain of hay in the center and assorted scattered baby carrots.

They've had time outside before, together, in a smaller enclosure, so I figured they'd be OK. I checked on them a few times, and all seemed well. When I came back for them, to take them to their freshly cleaned homes, Louie, Snickers, and Smokey were all lined up against one side, the hay mountain was demolished, and MoonPie was standing against the opposite wall, saying, "I am the BOSS of EVERYBODY!"

He's kind of a turkey. I don't think anyone else really cared. They were like, "you can be the boss of this house. Heck, you can HAVE it. The hay's all eaten or peed on anyway."

They made a huge mess in the 2 x 2 (which I have yet to clean up).

They are all doing pretty well. MoonPie is trying to set a new record for water drinking, and Louie has decided the best way to keep a paper towel roll from rolling is to get mad at it and hop over it. So silly my pig. :)

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:17 am

Disclaimer: I have been a fan of Piggywig for years, before she joined GL. I looked on her as a kind of Obi Wan Kenobe. But without the beard

Piggywig

Post   » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:35 pm

I haven't been around in a while, but that's because of the high pressure and time-consuming nature of the new job I started at the beginning of September. I just don't have time at work to come by, and at night, I am wiped out. Last Saturday I slept about 18 hours. But, Friday night, I was in a fall mood. We've had a few cool days here. They made me think of fall, and Halloween.

I liked last year's Halloween pictures a lot, but Louie doesn't have one, of course. So, I decided he needed one, and everyone else got to rest on their cute laurels and just have last year's photo. I put the four into a collage 8 by 10 and picked it up today. I'm going to take it and put it on my desk Monday.

Didn't have the same background blanket any more -- I think I had it, well, I won't go into what happened to it, it is kind of a sad story. But, I had a black background, and I think it worked. Vive la difference, right? I'm hoping to come around more often. Soon.

Here's Louie's photo from Friday - he looks like he might have a tiny smile - and the boys' from last year.

louiehat by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

MoonPie takes a nibble
moonright by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

Snickers matches his hat
snickleft by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

(MoonPie and Snickers were HARD to photograph; I remember.)

Here is my Count Smokeula
smokeyfront by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

I vant to bite your hat
smokeyside by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

I wondered if Lynx would be interested in Count Smokeula for the calendar? I know she doesn't often use piggies in costumes.

I already have an idea for Thanksgiving photos; it's just up to the boys if they want to cooperate. No hats are involved. So far.