The Southern Boars

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Ohhhhh, Piggywig, what a beautiful photo of the three of you together :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:46 pm

It sure is. I can feel all the love.

Piggywig

Post   » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:14 pm

There is a lot of love in that photo. The boys were just discovering what it meant. :)

Just got through writing and putting in the mail thank you notes to Dr. Lenarduzzi (who did Snickers' surgery and took him home to care for him) and also an extremely belated one to Dr. Emerson, the other vet there, who did the same thing for Jester after his bladder stone surgery. She has small children, yet she took Jester home and gave him pain meds, did critical care feedings, and other kinds of care for him through the night, and was awake with him at 6 a.m. when he passed away the next morning.

I was too wrecked to think about thank-you notes then, but I wrote her one just now, and put it in the mail too. They are great vets and I feel very blessed to have exotics vets AT ALL in this area, much less ones as caring as these are.

Piggywig

Post   » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:30 am

MoonPie seems to be adjusting well. He did zoomies in his cage the other day, and I have seen some popcorning. He moves the stuffed animals about and seems OK -- appetite and functions are normal.

When I have him out, he's acting normal... letting me pet him but biting everything. He didn't have to pee, either. He has always been that way, even though he's always gotten gentle handling. He loves to grab hold of anything -- paper, towels, fleece, lettuce, clothing, human flesh -- and yank backward as hard as he can.

He does snuggle though, once he gets everything good and yanked on -- one time he doesn't yank is when he *does* have to pee. One time he was all snuggled up on my shoulder and peed right in my hair. Tsk!

Smokey sounded congested last night but fine this morning. I am going to keep an eye on him. We may end up back out at the vet's office again soon.

Everyone is now on a cornsilk and husk regimen every Sunday afternoon. Now they are all getting distilled water. Hoping there are no more stones in our future.

Piggywig

Post   » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:03 pm

Grief is just an impossible process. I got a sympathy card from the vet's office Monday. Yesterday was okay, but today I feel like it all just happened yesterday. It's so weird. I still haven't seen the bill yet, which will be another kind of sadness altogether, although Doc is very fair. *sigh*

Piggywig

Post   » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:01 pm

Tried to take a photo of the boys tonight, as a trio. It was a challenge. They were all over the place, sniffing and rooting and round and round. Christmas pictures will be a little interesting this year, I have a feeling. They are so funny.

newtrio by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

Bugs Mom

Post   » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:58 pm

They're certainly adorable!

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:46 pm

Such handsome piggies!

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:49 pm

Such lovely photographs. Thank you so much for sharing them x

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:45 pm

Yes, they are. How are they doing?

Piggywig

Post   » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:08 pm

I'll cautiously say OK. They are so funny when they are all out together. It's impossible to be still when there are so many butts that need smelling and rooting.

They love their new cornsilk regimen. I heard another person tell me that her mother cooked corn in water in the husks and then kept the water and put sugar in it (to improve the taste) and had the family drink it for bladder health.

I hope it works, because I feel like MoonPie and Snickers might have been brothers. Of course I've no proof one way or the other.

Smokey goes back and forth between sudden spurts of bravery and his usual shyness, and Louie is just his handsome, charming self, as always.

MoonPie is doing really well. He seems to enjoy the extra room and plays with the two stuffed toys. I know they completely smell like Snickers because Snickers did stuff to them all the time. He doesn't seem lonely at all. I, however, miss Snickers' round black and orange behinie hopping around and his dedication to chomping the bars a bunch.

Piggywig

Post   » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:17 am

The aforementioned perfectly round basketball booty of Snickers.

buttportraits2 by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr