The Southern Boars

shiny
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:53 am

Wow - lovely Easter pics.

If I put all 4 of my boars in a basket, no way would it be a happy family picture like that - mine would just be rumbling & probably a big ball of flying fur! Your boys are way more polite than mine & very cute too.

Happy Easter to you all.

Piggywig

Post   » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:25 am

I know it has been too long.... things have been so busy. But please, please take a moment to remember, pray, send good thoughts, vibes, healing light, blessings, or whatever you do, to Oreo and his family.

Oreo is here on my pages; he's the charming little guy I piggysit from time to time. He is nearing the end... his family is trying so hard to keep him alive with tons of vet visits and treatments, but he is quickly going downhill, and I'm not sure he is going to make it.

He is so sweet, and they are so sweet, and they love him beyond all reason. All of the vets love him too. And so do I. Please help this little family cope with the days that are ahead if he does not make it. Thank you for reading, and I'm sorry to have been away for so long. You can find Oreo's picture a few pages back, if you want to see who I mean.

Blessings,
Bethany and the Boars

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:36 am

I am so sorry for Oreo. I wish love were all it took to bring health and long life.

Piggywig

Post   » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:39 pm

The vet just called Oreo's dad. Oreo will have to be put to sleep. They are going to wait until this afternoon so the whole family can be there. It is so very sad. Please send good and peaceful thoughts their way. If you want to see his picture, Oreo is on page 6, sniffing a Christmas ornament.

The heartbreak these darling little ones bring.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:41 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Oreo. :(

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:10 pm

Thinking of Oreo and all pig lovers who lose their friends. :(

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:05 am

I'm sorry. How are your boys?

Piggywig

Post   » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:57 am

Thanks for asking! My boys are doing well. *knocks wood*

All are very sweet, all are about to become very mad. I went to order their 3rd cut Timothy, and There. Is. None. Yikes.

I may have a mutiny. They love it so. I am almost out, and it will be back to the store-bought stuff soon. Ooooh, they're going to be angry.

On a more cheerful and silly note, I'll post this. For anyone who hasn't heard this, give it a listen. It's a bit of a novelty song by the Ramones, and I sing it to my pigs all the time. The name of the song is, "Everytime I Eat Vegetables, It Makes Me Think of You."

You will find it catchy, hang on til it gets to the chorus, and your pigs may like it too. I hope everyone is doing well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2lWXKaJLlU

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:36 pm

Funny. Any new pics of your boys? When was the last time you had girls?

Piggywig

Post   » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:53 pm

It has been ages since I've had any little girls. Actually, Snickers and MoonPie were said to be girls before I met them. That's how much the previous owners (and the store they got them from) knew about guinea pigs.

And here is Smokey, representing the crew in his dashing Halloween hat. The hat is a little clip. He's the most patient, and has the most hair, so he got to be the supermodel this season -- although I have already gotten the background for Christmas photos.

We wish you a happy Halloween, be it an early greeting!

smokeyhat by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:51 pm

Smokey you look so dashing in your hat. Happy Halloween to you too!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:24 pm

A great Halloween guinea pig!