The Southern Boars

Crazy4me

Post   » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:46 pm

Oreo, you are in our thoughts and prayers; may everything go well on friday and for a painless, quick recovery.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Hoping for a recovery.

Piggywig

Post   » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:05 pm

Thank you all so much. Since I'm at home with that computer, here is his holiday photo, which I took for his family when I was sitting for him back during the summertime. He's just so cute.

oreoxmas2012 by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Panda bear piggy! What a wonderful photo :)

mkkayla
Supporter in '14

Post   » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:27 am

Sending prayers

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:15 pm

Oreo, you are in my thoughts! I wish you well!

Piggywig

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:52 pm

Thanks to everyone who is thinking of Oreo. He is having a bit of a tough time of it, I'm afraid. He came through the procedure all right, but he has been scratching at the incision and feeling bad. He's doing a bit better today but still needs all the kind thoughts you can send him.

I feel very sad for his family.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:01 pm

Best ninja wishes to Oreo and wishing him a speedy recovery.

Crazy4me

Post   » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Postive thought have gone out to Oreo; hope you start to feel better Oreo.

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:56 am

What a beautiful boy. Healing wishes his way.

Piggywig

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:25 pm

Thanks again for all the healing wishes and thoughts.

I saw Oreo's Mom this morning... he is not looking great, he is on special pain medicine, and more antibiotics, but he is beginning to act like his usual self, she says. Busy and demanding. So that is good news. Everyone at the vet's office just loves him. He is quite the charmer.

The not great news is that they will travel soon, and he will have to travel too, so he won't like that. It could be stressful. I would offer to take care of him while they're gone, but I'll be travelling also.

My boys are doing OK, and I am knocking every wooden surface available that they stay that way. Their only problem right now is that they need their toenails cut and they hate that and I do too. I'll let you know if MoonPie manages to bite any of my appendages off this time. Fingers are better than carrots during mani-pedi time, apparently.

Piggywig

Post   » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:24 pm

From our house to your house, we wish you peace and happiness this season.

peacepigs by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:34 pm

Aww! That is wonderful! What a set of super Santa Pigs!!

Merry Christmas right back x

Piggywig

Post   » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:49 am

Thank you! :) I was proud to have them all still enough together for a photo.

Sadness today... My little men this morning... One of the pet sitters came in today before I came to work and three of the boys (not Smokey, of course) came running up to see if there was food to be had... so sweet and trusting. It just kills me to think of leaving them for the holidays. I'm already having separation anxiety. And it hasn't happened yet. The pet sitter for the first part of the holiday will not call me back, and it is really bothering me. I would just fire her but she already has my keys. It is beginning to drive me crazy.

Also, a year ago today is the day I lost Jester as a result of bladder stone surgery. I would post a picture but there are so many already of him in this chronicle, of him with Smokey. I still miss my sweet man. He was one of a kind. Here's a video of him with Smokey, enjoying some time outside. If you want to see him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUVIw0glAv0

Some little ones you just never forget. Well, you just never forget any of them, do you?

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:07 am

Aww Piggywig, Jester was a very special piggy, he will always be in your heart. And leaving your piggies for the hols, ouch! But the time will fly! Have a smashing Christmas time!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:17 am

Such a sweetie!

Piggywig

Post   » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:26 pm

I was looking at my calendar book today, and saw that Monday, the 14th, is Louie's one year anniversary here with us! We are very proud to have him here, and are so glad his family decided to put him up for adoption on Craigslist. He's a special little man. He's waiting for dinner right this minute. Yay for Louies!

louiebday by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr
The birthday/adoption boy.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:44 pm

What a cute picture!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:08 am

I'm sure Louie is happy in his new forever home too. Happy anniversary.

Crazy4me

Post   » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:29 am

Happy anniversary Louie!

239 posts