The Southern Boars

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:35 pm

Your herd is very attractive. I enjoyed the video.

Piggywig

Post   » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Thank you! They are loved and so silly.

Right after the video, I discovered a very hidden wad of dried boar glue in Smokey's behiney hair. I had to keep him out, alone, which is a little bit of a big deal since he's a little shy.

I carefully cut it out. He thought he should get to keep the wad of hair, but I thought it was a better idea to throw it away.

You know, I think he's still peeved with me. For the haircut and for throwing away the wad. Even in his picture on my desk he looks irritated now. Boars definitely have strange ideas about things.

I guess with Louie doing some barbering, me doing some barbering too is just too much!

Piggywig

Post   » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:32 pm

Conversation this morning:

Louie is standing in the hay, which has been trampled all over the floor.
Me: What are you doing, darling? Who trampled that nice hay all over the floor?
Louie: - Looks guilty-
Me: Did you do it? You're so naughty.
Louie: *popcorn*
Me: So naughty, my pig.
Louie: *popcorn*
Me: You're so funny. Silly, naughty, piggy!
Louie: *popcorn* *sideways popcorn*

So from that I take it to mean that one pop means yes, and two pops mean absolutely. All the other piggies were still asleep, so they couldn't comment! Do your pigs pop when you talk to them?

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:42 pm

Yes, they do! I love it when they respond to my voice. I am going to check now if one popcorn means 'yes' and two means 'absolutely'. I suspect it really means 'where's my tea' in Pixie's case!

Piggywig

Post   » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Just took Thanksgiving pictures of those boy piggies. Now the hard part -- trying to decide which ones to show or print of Louie. He takes the best pictures. Smokey too. Snickers is also good. But MoonPie, well, I'm lucky to get one good one of squirmy MoonPie. Loving those boys.

Piggywig

Post   » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Finally decided! So happy Thanksgiving, a little early. When it gets closer to the holiday, I doubt I'll have time to be doing all this. I need to be doing other stuff now, but oh well. I have to capture the moments with my boys.

Sweet Smokey went first.
turkeysmokey by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

Snickers showed off one of his good sides. :)
turkeysnickers by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

I couldn't decide on just one of Louie, but narrowed it down to three...
turkeylouie3 by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

turkeylouie2 by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

turkeylouie1 by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

...and I barely got one of MoonPie. He's so silly.
turkeymoonpie by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

I'm thankful for my boys!!!

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:10 pm

That are sooo handsome!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:32 am

What handsome boys. The pictures complement their coloring very nicely.

Piggywig

Post   » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:10 am

I just noticed that even though everyone has nice fake turkey plumage, no one has any feet! Turkey loaf -- that is, loaves!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Feet or not, they look wonderful :))))

Piggywig

Post   » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:05 am

We are all very, very excited here! Two of the boys are in the Guinea Lynx Calendar for 2013! And Louie is on the cover!

Now we haven't seen the calendar yet in person, we have to order ours. But we are so excited, and can't wait for payday to be closer so we can order ours! We can't wait to see what month we are!

The boys feel very famous. Snickers and MoonPie are getting extra lovies so they don't mind.

I will have to remind them all that pictures in the calendar are a possibility, so maybe they will want to sit still for their Christmas photos, ha ha. I doubt that will work. Usually only cilantro works. Or oat hay.

But we're so excited! The boys are full of squeaks and hops! They are both going to take a nibble out of the calendar page to autograph it for me, they promised.

Yay! A round of carrots on me!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:18 am

Whooooo! How exciting for you!!! Fame indeed. We LOVE the GL calendar :)))

Piggywig

Post   » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:21 am

Thank you! :)

I had my coffee break, and was thinking, and came up with the boys' song for winter... a takeoff on Frosty, if you will. It's kind of silly, but I can't help it.

My Winter Boars Song

Snickers the pig-wig, was a silly happy soul, With one white foot and a two-tone nose and two eyes as black as coal...

Louie the pig-wig, was a jolly happy soul, with a choco-spot and a bright pink nose and blue eyes as dark as coal...

Smokey the pig-wig, was a shy and happy soul, with long bright hair and a Roman nose and brown eyes as dark as coal...

MoonPie the pig-wig, was a nippy happy soul, with a shiny butt and a fuzzy nose and a coat as black as coal...

These little pig-gies, are as sweet as they can be,
They can eat and play and wheek every day and I'm glad they live with me!

Piggywig

Post   » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:21 pm

Took a few holiday photos of the boys the other day. Some were cute, and some were meh. The boys were cute, though, I mean, the way I had things set up was meh.

My feelings on the holidays switch from "Yay! Christmas! Let's decorate everything that doesn't move and celebrate!" to "Let's call the whole thing off and sleep through it." The switch happens randomly, without much warning. Anyone else have this problem?

Fortunately, piggie love is constant and reciprocated. Just looking at Louie, especially when he walks, always makes me smile. And MoonPie, when he's not trying to take a bite of something, is so pretty.

They'd like some parsley garland, I'm sure. Or at least some cilantro swags. I'll have to hang some up so they can enjoy pulling it all down... fa la la la *crunch*

Piggywig

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:29 pm

The boys got their Christmas gifts early tonight. MoonPie and Snickers got new curtains/tents for their house in a lovely shade of purple. It matches their jumbo pigloo. Here they are in their natural habitat, with the new decor.
xmaspigsgift1 by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

Louie and Smokey also got new things, a new sleeping pad each, (Louie already peed on his) in purple also. Here they are eating substitute hay.
xmaspigsgifts2 by friend2kitties2011, on Flickr

Everyone's big gift arrives or ships, I can't remember which, on the 13th -- 3rd cut timothy hay from Kleenmama.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:34 pm

Purple, the colour of royalty and so suited for the boys. The subsitute hay looks quite nice but I gurantee they'll love KM's 3rd cut. I bought some recently and my girls have really been chowing it down.

Piggywig

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:27 am

Oh, do they ever love it. It is their usual hay, but I ran out before the new could get here. They are begrudgingly eating some Oxbow hay, but not loving it. Spoiled, but that's okay. That's the way I like them. If any of you live near a Kroger, they have fleece throws, nice big ones, for $5.99 - that's cheaper than by the yard at most fabric stores.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:16 pm

I love those new curtains! What wonderful Christmas gifts for all :))

Piggywig

Post   » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:56 am

Please send a prayer, or love, or good wishes, or whatever you do, to Oreo, the sweet little piggy man who I piggy sit sometimes.

He has an abcess that has been treated once, but has returned. This time, they will do a procedure where they implant a ball of antibiotics in his jaw to combat his illness. He's such a sweet baby, and his family just adores him. If you haven't seen him, his picture can be found on page 3 of this chronicle - the Easter picture and a Christmas picture.

I so want the procedure to be a success so he won't have any more pain and won't need any more procedures. Please remember him, especially on Friday, when the procedure will be done. He will have to be put under for it, and you all well know those risks.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:42 pm

Oh dear, Oreo, may everything go well for you on Friday. We will be sending our finest magic wishes for a painless and successful procedure xxx

239 posts