Everyone Needs A Little Fairy! Part 9

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:43 pm

Happy 2013 to you, Willows Rescue! Hope you are feeling better now. I have sent you a pm.

It was pick-your-own the other day. Fairy decided it was far too much like hard work!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:01 pm

Haha. I love that. She's like "nope. Gonna nap."

clairey

Post   » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:03 pm

You just can't get the staff these days, Fairy. 'Pick your own' indeed.

wibster1

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:38 am

You always give me ideas and inspiration Mildred! I had bought some of the grow your own grass packs from Thistle and they are running right down now so any suggestions where I can buy more grass seed suitable for my girls to eat? Also, are your wee ones scoffing on rocket and did you grow that indoors yourself?

On another totally different topic - it just dawned on me the other day how magically connected the names Fairy and Pixie are! Still trying to get my girls used to their crash pad. I popped Willow into it during lap time the other day and she seemed to enjoy it. Must try the same with Bethie. I've tried bribing them with snacks to get them to go and lie in it but they prefer the part above them to be closed over a bit more if that makes sense.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:23 am

Hehe! Clairey :))

Hi Wibster1. The growing leaves were on offer the other day, I didn't grow them myself. It was a three variety baby leaf thing. They loved it! None of them much like rocket (or lamb's lettuce - do any guineas eat that?).

As for grow your own grass, I have a supply of wheatgrass grain (we grow it and then juice it, ugh, I don't like the taste but Ian does!). The guineas have the tray after I have done a couple of harvests! I grow it in organic compost but I think I read somewhere it will grow on damp paper kitchen towel. The wheatgrass is available online and Fairy did a tutorial about growing it. The wheatgrass was from Planet Guinea, I am not sure if Karen still supplies it now.

I can't find in on GL but he are the links to Fairy's blog pages:

Fairy's grow it yourself tutorial

And this is funny even if I do say so myself. I miss Marigold and Mariella . . . And pigs on the lawn . . . And summer.

wibster1

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:10 am

Oh both of the links are hilarious. Thanks very much Mildred. Neither of my girls are particularly keen on lamb's lettuce either. I have to check the bags of Florette crispy salad when I buy it to make sure there isn't too much of it! It's usually the last thing left to eat at dinnertime. Haven't you noticed that the days are getting longer now though?

clairey

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:26 am

Florette crispy is a big favourite around here and lamb's lettuce is the most desired of leaves.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:02 am

Yes! It is still broad daylight, 4pm! It is very cold here this afternoon brrrr!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:30 am

Pity we are not neighbours, clairey, we could do some salad trading! This Florette bags sometimes come sans lambs lettuce, other times they are packed with them!

Piggywig

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:20 pm

Ah! Just saw the Christmas and New Year's photos. Your girls just keep getting more and more lovely, especially Miss Fairy. It is late for it, but the New Year's message is now my wallpaper. What glorious fun they always seem to be having. Fairy has a little smile on her lips.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:44 pm

Aww! Thank you, Piggywig :)) and a special Happy New Year to YOU!

Willows Rescue

Post   » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:24 pm

Hi Mildred, thanks for replying to my message- i cannot access PM's here- please send it to my e-mail or Face book, if you are still on it! Look forward to hearing from you.x