Everyone Needs A Little Fairy! Part 9

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:53 pm

Very educational pictures. I like the use of the rolled up fleece to support the piggy. Right now I hold the pig against my chest while their godma trims nails. However, this looks like a workable alternative as well.

I have 1 pig that cannot be bribed and hates to be restrained. Thankfully, with patience and regular trimming over 1 year, she's become better.

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:24 am

I wish I had seen this earlier tonight. I am now nursing a bite on my forearm from a less than enthusiastic Hermes who had a couple of nails in bad need of trimming. I think I had let them be last time because he tried to bite me then. This time, he got me...but I got the nails! Next time, I will try the towel technique and get an extra hand or two to help. (And no...he wasn't hurt in the process. He just didn't like me holding his paw).

Baba

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:17 am

Mildred - Can I send you my piggies? I have only two
hands and I see that a third hand is really useful :-)

wibster1

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:08 am

I know I shouldn't laugh but Amy's post made me giggle! My girls don't like being restrained either and wriggle like mad. Now and then my husband holds them and I'll cut the ones that are needing done at that time but other than that I take them to the vet. I really envy people that can manage it themselves!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:50 am

I didn't even notice the third hand. But that's cheating!!

Crazy4me

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:55 pm

I don't get bit but I cannot wrap JoeJoe up in anything as she goes nuts; she doesn't like her nails being trimmed and will make short sqeaks or will hiss at me.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Oh goodness, what a lot of naughty piggies! feel free to post them over to me for some training! If I can't get them into shape don't worry, Ian is a very good Bear Trainer (!).

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:12 pm

I was thinking what a cheerful, sunny place your vet's office was when I realized it's the piggery!!

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:12 pm

An Early Christmas Gift For Fairy

Well hello there my loyal Guinea Lynx followers. As you will all know by now, I take great pride in my appearance and personal grooming. To maintain the impossibly high standards I have established I rely on only the very best and efficacious products. So it was with great excitement that I opened today's post and out popped a brand new Gorgeous Guineas Shampoo from one of my many Secret Admirers, Digger - and even better, it was an extra special Christmas Spice variety - BLISS!!!!

So come on Mummy - it's pampering Fairy time.

Hurry along there - is the bath water ready yet?

Ooooooh - just the right temperature - lovely.

And now for the moment I've all been waiting for - the Shampoo!

Tee-hee! You are tickling my toes Mummy - very fetching they look too I might add.

That's it, give me a good rub down for that fashionable 'I just chewed through an electric cable, look'

Brrrruuuuhhhhhhhhzzzup!

This is my amazing 'Levitating Fairy' trick!

This part is the best bit ever!

Hummmph - I thought there would be the odd snack or two during my session.

That's me all primped and preened. Now for some fun - it's Bear and Pixie time.

To save water (and my bestest ever shampoo) they are having their bath together!

Mmm! Pixie, do you like the nice Christmassy aroma from MY shampoo?! Not too much Mummy.

Be a big girl, Bear (oh! You ARE!), the fur drier doesn't hurt that much!

This has to be the best ever Gorgeous Guineas Shampoo - thank you, Digger!

We ALL smell lovely and Christmassy now, and feels as smooth as silk!

poppycorn

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:30 pm

hehe I loved these photos. Their facial expressions are priceless! :D

TexCavy

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:36 pm

MrTex thinks Fairy is saying, "You're not gonna put that on me."

Lovemypigs
Supporter in '17

Post   » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:13 pm

Mildred - Your pics, stories & posts are absolutely the best!!!!!

I love the Piggery!!