Perpetua, Puzzle and Pepsi

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:32 pm

I never started a new chronicle with Puzzle--things were so bad here and he was so sick most of the time. I think somehow I knew I wouldn't have him long. But now he, Perpetua and Pepsi have their own thread. To see threads on my first three pigs click here:

viewtopic.php?t=23426&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

And here:

viewtopic.php?t=48278&start=0

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:43 am

My beloved Pippin died August 14, 2008. He was supposedly over six years old. He had to be at least five and a quarter years old because I had had him that long.
This was his "baby" picture:

This was JodiMN's version. He still needs cowboy boots, Jodi ;)

Pippin died on my birthday. I was out of town for my cousin's wedding. I didn't want to go. That cousin is now divorced. A side note: the divorce happened because new hub got another woman pregnant.
Pippin had had recurring tooth problems for the past ten months: viewtopic.php?t=35237&postdays=0&postor ... in&start=0
He eventually died when his GI tract and the rest of his body shut down. Necropsy, however, showed no trace of tooth/jaw infection.

Brainerror

Post   » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:56 am

Aw Pippin :( Seem that piggies called Pippin are very special to their owners. I'm going to get my Pip's paw-print tattooed on me soon.

Sorry to hear he passed on your birthday which you couldn't be home for because of a doomed to fail marriage (my best wishes to your cousin - good riddance I say!).

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:28 pm

Yeah, Pippin was his birth name. For almost two years he was Thunder, because it went with Lightning, but when Lightning died I went back to the original.

I sometimes still refer to him as Pippin/Thunder. I think it was JodiMN who suggested I call him Pip T, kind of like a rapper....

JaneDoe

Post   » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:54 pm

This was Pippin in the Pets of Alexandria Calendar. I think it was 2005:

Here is another display of JodiMN's skills:

serelixyue

Post   » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:51 am

Thanks for sharing with us, Janedoe.

Brainerror, how did you get a pawprint of Pip? I wish I could do that for Puffy on me!

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:04 pm

Four years ago today I adopted a beautiful baby girl from the Montgomery County shelter. Poor Perpetua lost two mates in less than one year and has been neglected as a result of their problems, but I am trying to make it up to her. Happy Anniversary , Baby!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:56 pm

Happy Anniversary to a very lovely sweetheart. Please have many more.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Happy anniversary Perpetua.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:47 pm

Aw! Happy Anniversary indeed:)))

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:07 am

Thanks everyone. Both girls got blessed at the Congregational Church yesterday. It was Pepsi's first blessing and Perpetua's fifth, at least. I think she and Pandora were also blessed at the Episcopal church.
Pepsi's little feet are so cute, like Pippin's. They look like little gloves.

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:22 am

About a week after Pippin died, roughly August 21 or 22, 2008, two VERY pregnant sows came to the Montgomery County shelter. One of them, "Tomato," was so malnourished you could see her bare skin through her fur. Last time I saw her she looked MUCH better ):

Within the next few days she and her cagemate, "Beet," gave birth to six babies between them. Some were teddies, some had crests. As I don't know much about piggy genetics, I'm not sure whose were whose or what their dads looked like.