It all started on a warm summer day...

Queen Pig

Post   » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:13 pm

...When the Queen Pig found her palace.

But first, let's rewind to where the story really starts.

Picture a smiling young girl besides her parents, carrying a covered cardboard box, shielded from the cold winter air. Now, picture a tiny, white guinea pig with a brown patch over one eye and a brown butt inside of that cardboard box.
That is where the story begins.

Years ago, I achieved the blessing of having my very first guinea pig. He was kept on pine or cedar shavings, and he lived in a small pet store cage, but I know he was happy. It hurts to recall how I treated that guinea pig at times, but I have to remember, and I hope you keep in mind, too- I was only a small child with a pet. I did not know anything except what I was told.
His name was Stewart. The day I brought the little guy home, I decided his name was going to be Patch, and I believe I changed his name once more, too, but within a few months he had acquired the name of Stewart (inspired by no other than Stuart Little), and that name stuck.
Stewart grew very, very fast. Soon, he was a big, chubby fall of fur. I loved him.
Soon, we had six guinea pigs at once: Stewart, Cocoa (or "Teddy"), Clyde, George, Pookie, and Carl.
Eventually, all of the guinea pigs fell ill and passed apart from Stewart. He stayed with me for eight years. When he died, I was heart broken, and even after all these years, I still am sad.

Now, we're going to fast forward time.
It all started on a warm summer day...
July 16th, 2011.

After months upon months of research, the day had come that I was going to get another guinea pig.
Nikki was brought home as an ill, fragile little pig.

But they grow up fast, don't they?

Crazy4me

Post   » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi Nikki, nice to meet you; you are a beautiful pig!

Queen Pig

Post   » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:46 pm

*shy purr*
Why thank you! :)

Brainerror

Post   » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:39 pm

oh my gawd so cute!

akintolife

Post   » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:42 pm

Such a gorgeous piggy.

Queen Pig

Post   » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:50 pm

My mummy says thank you very much! I say what's the point of compliments if I don't even get yummy food?
Oops! I wasn't supposed to say that. Mum says I have to apologize. Sorry!

Here's another picture of me:

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:01 am

Love the last photo :)))

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:49 am

If your original photo is really large and crisp, you are welcome to submit it to my calendar possibilities folder for 2014!

All your photos are fab!

Crazy4me

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:46 am

Oh my is he ever cute;)

Breadfan4

Post   » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Love the whiskers!

Queen Pig

Post   » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Thanks!! :)

I just took Nikki out of her cage for a quick cuddle. I held her, pet her, and gave her a carrot.
In return, she pooped out a perfectly shaped bean onto my hand as a thank-you gift.

Crazy4me

Post   » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:44 pm

The love that a pig gives is like no other; that perfectly shaped bean is a pigs specialty;)

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Just be thankful Nikki didn't pee on you. She looks like a pig will a big personality.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:26 am

Oh, too cute!!

14 posts • Page 1 of 1