The Tales of the Crazy Wheekerland Cavies

Misscavylove

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:47 pm

Hello!
I'm Bailey the cavy, and my story starts about four months ago, at the pet store.
I was sitting in my chewable log, staring at some fat hamsters, when a hooman came along.
Now, I was used to these hoomans. I had been at the store for around two and a half months. Hoomans came all the time, and swooped down on me with their big paws. When I tried to run back to my log they would either let me me and go for one of my cagemates (if I had any at the time) or they would chase me around my cage and take out my hidey. They would leave, though.
But this hooman was different. I had seen her before. She would try to pet me just like the other hoomans, but she would also reach into an empty bunny cage and get me this yummy greenish stuff. She called it "Hey".
So anyways, she was here again. She hadn't been here in a month, so I had been heyless. When the female hooman looked my way, I gave her a wheek and she showed me her teeth. But not like she was going to have me as a snack. It was in a good way.
Then she walked over to a different cage, in which lived 2 new-ish guinea pigs. One had been a cagemate for a while.
I had had many cagemates. Some were calm and nice, some noisy and annoying. One was really mean and picked a fight with everyone.
Next the male hooman who gave me pellets told her all about guinea pigs. The female hooman kept looking at me, though. a little later they picked me up and put me in a box with another cavy.
I was going to a place my new hooman called "home".

GuineaPigMomo1

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:04 pm

:D

Misscavylove

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:32 pm

When we got to this "home", the hoomans put us in this super big cage. Me and the other guinea pig ran straight for the hidey. The hoomans tried to lure us out with hey, but it didn't work that well. We had a lot of fun, but first I had to show the other piggy that I was boss. I kept mounting her until she gave in.
When I established my dominance, we chatted a little until the hoomans finally left us alone.
When they left, we ran out, drank from the water bottle, and ate a lot of hey from what our hooman calls a "hey rack". We also realized that there was food on top of our hidey, which, from the outside, looked like a little platform. The other pig had a bit of trouble getting up, but eventually she got the hang of it.
Soon the hoomans starting calling us by name- I was Bailey, and the other pig was Penny, but our hooman sometimes called her "Pennybelle"

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:00 am

Oooh, we need a pic to go with the story!

Misscavylove

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:03 am

pigjes- I can't figure out how!

poppycorn

Post   » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:26 am

Bailey and Penny sound ADORABLE!

8ball

Post   » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:27 am

To post a photo put the URL of the picture with 'Image' at the end, but without the apostrophes.

Misscavylove

Post   » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Thank you, poppycorn! :) And thank you, 8ball, as well!

Misscavylove

Post   » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:20 pm

Anyways, back to the story.
Two months passed, two months of hey and pellets and treats and sleep and fun.
It was paradise, until, one day...

Misscavylove

Post   » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:08 pm

So, the hooman has decided it is time to take matters into her own hands and write the rest of the chronicle herself. Sorry to disapoint, but I think it'll work better. Sorry! :/

Misscavylove

Post   » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:56 pm

Anyway, as the weeks and wheeks went on, I realized that Penny was getting fatter and fatter....
Until we had The Big Surprise:
Miss Bailey wasn't a Miss.
When we had bought them, I was a bit skeptical when the clerk had said they had both come in about 3 weeks ago. When we noticed that Bailey had a big bum, the man had re-assured us that Bailey was just in heat. I had seen a MALE pig that looked exactly like "her" about 2 months ago, but we believed the seemingly experienced worker, whom had said she was a she.
Anyways, when I figured out, I had a minor panic attack because I had no idea when Penny would give birth, and so I first separated their 8-square-foot cage into 4-square foot sections with a random piece of wood.
Then I stopped and saw that it was unsafe and too small, so I looked on Craigslist for cheap cages. We saw one of around 7 square feet (Still smaller than I would have preferred, but one of the biggest in a 60-mile range) And we called them then and there at 8:30 PM, and when they said they still had it, we went over and bought it, drove to the local department store and grabbed some of our bedding, then went home, cleaned off the cobwebs and dust, (it was old but safe) Checked for cracks and sharp wire, (there were none) then put in a Pigloo, a bowl of hay, a spare water bottle, some pellets, some lettuce, and Mister Bailey.

Misscavylove

Post   » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:12 pm

3 weeks later:
Babies! Three adorable piglets. Two crested, like mom. One American like Bailey, whom we called Percy. A male Crested, named James. And a female crested, who pretty much melted my heart. I did not name her, as I couldn't keep any of them and didn't want to get too attached to her. I will post picture soon. We kept them until they were old enough to be seperated from mom, then moved James and Percy in with Bailey and the female in with Penny until they found homes. They were all in good homes within 2 weeks.