Pig Planet: The Adventures of Baozi and Ace

Breadfan4

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:50 am

I love the "ying and yang" photo!

pigwidgeon

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Sorry about all the pictures, Lynx! I didn't realize there were so many. We got a new page now so it's all good, lol.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:19 pm

I couldn't load the last bunch so I don't know what they look like.

pigwidgeon

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:36 am

Here's my flickr account. All the photos are in there: The pigs

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:29 pm

I too love the ying/yang picture. The pigs are looking well and have grown. Looks like they're getting lots of lovely custoized bedding and tunnels to relax in.

poppycorn

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:49 pm

Aha I love those photos! Ace is such a pancake pig!

pigwidgeon

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:57 pm

Baozi lost a little weight recently. I checked the GL weight page and it's no cause for concern, but my fam seems to be super concerned. Baozi is a small pig compared to fat Ace (who is huge to be fair) but I notice that when I feed them, Baozi tends to eat much slower than Ace, who practically hoovers her food. Baozi also tends to be easily distracted and once she stops focusing on eating, Ace will steal her food. I try to give Baozi treats during laptime when Ace can't steal them. I'm not sure what else I can do to make her eat more. I do see Baozi frequently nomming hay and pellets, though.

Baozi is also an extremely talkative pig. She wheeks ALL the time. I think she just likes the sound of her own voice, lol. My entire family is just enamored of Baozi. They feed her whenever she wheeks and spoil her. Nobody seems to love Ace except me :(((

Maybe it's b/c I am the one who always has her in my lap and she is such a fat little lap pig. She loves to pancake on my lap and show off that saxxy leg.

Baozi moves around so much it's hard to get a photo that isn't blurry, but here she is during laptime:

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:23 pm

Do look over www.guinealynx.info/.html in case you observe some odd eating habits.

Ibepatience
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:18 pm

We had that problem for a while with our two older girls, one was slower and more skittish and seemed to be losing a little. We started feeding dinner (veggies) in separate cages and it made a big difference. It gave Delilah freedom to eat as slow as she needed to without losing her share of dinner. We only had to do it for a while then she started being more aggressive and ate faster back in home-cage.

pigwidgeon

Post   » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:15 am

Thanks, Ibepatience! I might try that if Baozi still is losing weight.

The pigs just got a clean bill of health at the vet, but I will be on the lookout for anything unusual.

poppycorn

Post   » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:04 am

My Poppy was lighters and more shy than Dusty and it was simply a case of feeding her separately sometimes so she could get enough food. :)

pigwidgeon

Post   » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:34 am

Made a new vid with some updates on the piggers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94oehKuF7GY

Piggers taking a nap in the sunlight while I clean the cage. Look at the little feet!

Once again Baozi finds an unusual use for a cuddle sack

And Ace doing what she does best, pancaking in my lap :)