Pig Planet: The Adventures of Baozi and Ace

poppycorn

Post   » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Aaah their faces are just so sweeet! <3

pigwidgeon

Post   » Fri May 10, 2013 1:13 am

Hey guys! I know it's been a while. Things are going well here in Pig Planet. It's summer again and summer in Honolulu is like some circle of Dante's hell. My apartment does not have central AC, so I have 3 fans in my room (1 of which is on the pigs, the second on me and the pigs, and the 3rd on me). I put a frozen water bottle in a sock in the cage to help them stay cool.

The mess is from their little hay cubes. Good God those things are messy.

The piggers are having a lazy summer, clearly.

Note the green stains from lettuce on Baozi's chin

Ace is taking a cue from Regiane's Faìsca:

Still, they always find the energy to beg for food:

And find creative uses for their cuddle cups:

Next up on Pig Planet: the pigs are looking a bit scruffy, so it's bath time!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon May 13, 2013 10:06 pm

The pigs are looking very relaxed and just looking at the pictures makes me want to take a nap as well. There's obviously no shortage of comfy furnishings in their cage for them to relax in.

pigwidgeon

Post   » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:18 am

Man, hard to believe it's been half a year since I adopted these little fatties. And already I can't imagine life without them.

I have come to learn about their little piggy personalities.

Don't be fooled by the sweet face. Baozi is a very naughty little pig! She will wheek until she gets attention, and she can be LOUD. I've heard her in the parking lot. Sometimes she wheeks for food, sometimes she wheeks to be petted. You always know she means business when she puts her feet on the side of the cage or on the fiddle sticks.

Feeeeeeeed me!!!!

She is a little diva. During floor time, she needs to be watched all the time because she has a talent for getting herself in trouble--she always finds ways to wiggle out between the grids. She also has a talent for peeing at the very edge of the puppy pads/fleece to cause maximum cleanup. She is a picky and dainty eater and needs to be fed separately before Ace the lawn mower eats her food. Her favorite place to chill is in the corner of the cage looking at me as I work at my desk or watch TV

"Judging u"

Still, she is my little Baozi pig and I love her.

Then we have fat Ace.

She's a lazy little Chubbo McGooglyEyes (my friend calls her that lol). Ace is a pig of simple pleasures. She just loves her noms, whether eating them or sleeping on them.

"I want to lay you down on a bed of lettuce"

While Baozi is exploring/getting herself into trouble, Ace tends to stick close to the food during floor time. Sometimes she'll wander about, and then she'll usually pancake and enjoy some cuddles. During lap time, she likes to nom or pancake, or combine both in a move I call the "nomcake"

Now that is talent.

She also has found a way to maximize efficiency (read: laziness) by plopping her fat bum down in the hay bin exactly halfway between the pellet bowl and water bottle, so all she has to do is turn her head to eat pellets and then drink water.

Ace also seems to spend much of her life in a perpetual state of confusion.

"Who are these strangers? Back off the hay!"

But that's what makes her so lovable!

Since this post is getting picture heavy, I will end here and leave you with my pigs at their most... well, themselves:

Till next time!

Breadfan4

Post   » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:32 am

Love them both, but especially the Ace pancake - "Ace-cake"?

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:02 am

I especially loved that last photo. Ace seems so worn out. While Baozi seems ever alert.

pigwidgeon

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:25 am

It's been a while since I reported on the happenings on Pig Planet. Well, it's been quite an eventful two weeks! We moved (not very far, just across town) and so the pigs are in their new home... which actually looks quite a bit like their old one.

It's summer in Hawaii, so the pigs are chilling next to a frozen water bottle with a sock on it. (Sorry, I can't resist bad puns).

They were looking kind of scruffy so they had a bath.

And they continue to enjoy life's simple pleasures. There are few things the piggers enjoy more than lounging on the bed

Eating delicious foodz

Making new friends

And being petted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB6pZOubxjs

Ace continues in her bid to be the weirdest guinea pig alive

Although Baozi is giving her a run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BZleCysygU

"You say I love lettuce? How do you know I love lettuce?"

"A jailbreak? I'm not planning a jailbreak!"

But as weird as they are, I love my piggers.

Greetings from Pig Planet, until next time!

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:05 am

These pictures are wonderful. It could just have been the time of the day that you took the new cage pics but their new cage looks so much brighter! It's lovely.

And wee Ace's goofy little leg in her eating picture made me laugh aloud! :) What a little cutie.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:50 pm

Ace is scary looking while sleeping with her eyes wide open like that. :)

pigwidgeon

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:52 pm

NoCableisSafe: It is brighter! My old room was on the first floor and was down in a little recess so it didn't get that much sunlight. Thanks to that and the cinder block walls I used to call it the dungeon, lol. I'm on the second floor now and get a lot more sunlight especially in the afternoon. The piggies love to wander around on the bed in the afternoon sun. :)

C. Cole-Chakotay: to be fair, she opened her eyes when she noticed me hanging around with the camera. :p

Breadfan4

Post   » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:24 pm

Baozi is very cute, don't get me wrong, but Ace just has that look like "feed me more" on her adorable face...I'm a sucker for her!

pigwidgeon

Post   » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:35 am

Just a quick update today. Ace pig seems to really love my knitting basket.

Longpig

And the two piggers relaxing:

I am a bit worried about Ace lately, since she seems to be losing weight. it's odd though, because she seems otherwise healthy. She is active, eating, pooping, doing her normal piggy things. She has been shedding lately but it's not the first time since I got her. I suspect it's the hot weather since Baozi was shedding too. Ace got a clean bill of health at our most recent vet visit (which was a few weeks ago), so I don't know what is causing the weight loss. Anyway, here's a screencap of their weight chart:

The weights are in grams.

Breadfan4, given how light Ace is lately, I have been feeding her more! Hopefully she fattens back up.