Pig Planet: The Adventures of Baozi and Ace

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:16 pm

Aw. What a lovely tribute.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:29 am

So sorry for your loss of Baoz, but you really did your best for her. I'm glad she passed away at home and with her friend for company.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:18 am

Aww that is lovely, pigwigeon. What a zest for life she had! It is obvious from every photo how much she loved her life with you and Ace :)

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:40 am

A beautiful tribute for a beautiful, furry soul. So sorry you lost her. She knew only love in your care.

RIP Baozi
God Speed Good Pig

Breadfan4

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:45 am

I am so, so sorry to read about Baozi's passing. Your tribute has me tearing up - it is so evident how much you loved here and she meant to you. RIP little piggy.

pigwidgeon

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:58 am

Thank you for your kind words. I know I'm posting a lot, but I am just having a lot of feelings.

Today feels so much longer than a day. I've been on an emotional roller coaster. Since posting my tribute, the fam and I went out to dinner to celebrate Baozi's life. My Dad called it a wake. We talked about the good times and how much we loved her. And everyone loved Baozi. In a way, I think my 'rents might be taking the loss as hard if not harder than I am.

I miss her so much. Sometimes I forget that she's gone, and little things remind me--no WHEEK WHEEK when I walk in the room with a snack (Baozi could never quite understand that she can't eat human food) and only one pig waddling over when dinner is served (Baozi would run across the cage like a rotund little cheetah; Ace just waddles). Seeing Ace all alone in the cage feels so lonely and I feel so sad for her. I've been giving her extra cuddles and put her on the bed tonight to sit with me while I watch my shows. I think she will sit with me every night, and maybe she will feel less lonely.

Ace seemed more interested in noms, naps, and cuddles than the show

Sometimes I'll feel OK and then something will remind me of Baozi and I'll go into a crying jag. I was putting away all the syringes I used to feed her and just lost it. I will probably be doing that for a while. I don't know if it hurts so much because I had her for such a short time or because we tried so hard to save her, but it wasn't enough.

The holidays will be bittersweet because she never had a chance to spend them with us. But I will remember her. I will think of her. She will be with us in spirit. We all loved you so much, Sweetie girl.

I hope that with time, the crushing sense of loss will fade and when i think of little Baozi, it will be with fondness, remembering the happy times and the joy she brought. She was such a special little piggy and I feel blessed have known her, even for such a short time.

Thank you everyone for your help and support through all this.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:52 pm

It really is hard when we lose them, it feels so unfair. I don't know why but some losses hit harder than others even though we love them all just as much. I think if they go when they are still quite young it really feels so unfair and when they are older then THAT is unfair too because we want them to grow even older.

You put it so well, what we all, I am sure, feel . . . . I sincerely hope that one day you can look back and be happy for the time she was with you, because that was the best bit of life for her!

Amy265

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:24 pm

Rest in peace sweet Baozi pig. Hugs from Holland to you pigwidgeon and Ace pig too. xx Amy

Lovemypigs
Supporter in '17

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:16 am

We were out of town for a few days and I just got on for an update and got teary reading all that has happened.

I am sooooooo sorry Pigwidgeon that you lost little Baozi so soon in her life. I am sure you and Ace are feeling so lost without her but atleast she isn't in pain any longer.

You did an awesome tribute to her and she knows her Mommy loved her and did all she could for her. Our fur babies hold a very special place in our hearts!!

{hugs}

pigwidgeon

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:21 am

Thank you so much for your comments, everyone. Today we brought home Sweetie girl's ashes. She's on my shelf next to the cage. The crematorium gave us a clay stone with her little paw prints on it. She's home now.

I miss her so much. The worst is the moments when I forget she's gone. When I bring Ace her breakfast, I bring enough for two pigs (Ace will eat it all anyway). Last night I almost sliced two pieces of cucumber for a treat. I'm so used to fixing two of everything, and it's hard to get used to only one.

I have to adjust in other little ways. Baozi's demanding wheeks always reminded me when the pigs were due for a treat, but because Ace isn't talkative, I have to remember to bring them for her. I take Ace out every night for cuddles and she's so placid she will sit with me on the bed for about an hour, napping and munching hay, before she starts tugging on the puppy pad which means she wants to go back to the cage. Poor little Ace seems so lonely in that big cage by herself. I considered putting a stuffed toy in there for her but I was afraid she'd nibble off its eyes or something, lol.

I made a video tribute to help me remember Baozi the way I want to remember her--when she was healthy, happy, and full of life. It has helped to ease the pain of her loss, I think. Now when I think of her, I smile, because she brought me so much joy in life and now she is finally at peace.

Here is a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6mBXThZlWM

Ace pig says hello:

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:25 am

Hi pigwidgeon,

It's good to hear you and Ace are doing okay. Hugs to you both.

It's tough isn't it?! I can't even face posting a tribute yet to my Toki. It doesn't seem right yet.

A stuffed toy may be a good idea for Ace, and the cuddles will be very much appreciated.

I'm not sure if it's too early to think about getting her a new friend to live with.

I'm not been able to watch the video as I'm at work, but I will as soon as I can.

Lovemypigs
Supporter in '17

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi Ace......love those pig lips!!

Beautiful video of Baozi in her glory days.......so full of personality.

Such piggy love!!