You're the one for me fatty!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:39 pm

What a sweet face! Best wishes for a speedy, complete recovery.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:40 pm

Poor girl. I trust she will be eating soon!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Poor Ariel. Best wishes for her recovery and that she continues to eat well.

Crazy4me

Post   » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 pm

Get better sweet Ariel!

Brainerror

Post   » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:44 am

Thanks :) it's 7:30 here and I'm knackered from night feeds, but she taking it all in her strife.

Does anyone per chance know if buprenorphine can cause more urination or incontinence?

This morning I've chopped up pepper and lettuce really fine and she's been "nibbling" at it, so that's good.

I wish things would look up for her. She has URI, arthritis and reoccurring bladder issues too :/ She came from a very bad place when we adopted her 2 years ago and x-rays showed she must have had scurvy when growing up as all her bones look brittle and she has spurs on her joints. It's probably why her teeth are weak.

She's my favourite at work as she sounds like my Nibbler ;)

poppycorn

Post   » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:28 am

She's so pretty! Sending well wishes. :)

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:15 pm

Lots of luck and good wishes, Ariel xxxx
You are in the best hands :)

tashab

Post   » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Good wishes from here too

Brainerror

Post   » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:42 am

She's gained weight, but is starting to defy feedings. This is where I usually lose my marbles ;)

Any handy tricks? She does however eat pellets if I put them in her mouth, but it takes an age to get through the right amount. She has a firm hate for syringes now........

Think I preferred her doped up ;)

poppycorn

Post   » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:17 am

Haha, glad to hear she's being more perky - I don't really blame her for her hatred though. ;)

tashab

Post   » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:52 pm

Do you think she would eat a ball of Critical Care mash if you made it with less water so you could ball it up like playdoh? I used to do that with Princess when she still needed the bit of extra help but was getting stroppy.

Sidera17

Post   » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:14 pm

What type of syringe are you using for the handfeeding? I find the 3cc syringes with the narrower tip worked better for Spike when he had tooth issues. Although it is a pain and you have to give 5 of them at once.

Also, if she doesn't have bloat problems, try coating the end of the syringe with a little tomato juice, or even rubbing a little banana on it. They tend to take it into their mouths easier if they get that flavor.