Continuing Life In The Pigpen

clairey

Post   » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:01 am

Hmmm, I now doubt this is hormonal. Hormonal pigs can't turn it off and as soon as I went to bed last night Graham shut up. I wasn't ready to go to bed but my ears had had enough and putting the light off didn't slow his roll. After 10 minutes in bed, I snuck down the hall and sat outside the livingroom door to check and yep, silence. Then he kicked off when I got up this morning. So I probably need to get all tough love on him.

Please, please, please let him and new guy like each other. I can't even imagine how noisy and frustrated G will get if they don't.

goosey1019

Post   » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:26 am

New pig is the cutest! Sounds like Graham is being a very naughty pig.

clairey

Post   » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:07 pm

It's a good job that as well as being naughty, he's funny and very huggy and squishy.

He's been a good boy tonight. I stood up and left the room the 3 times he started shrieking at nothing and he's not done it since. Tonight during free-range time, he learned to stand his ground and then beg when I stand over him and bend at the waist to give him a treat. :) I'm impressed - not running away from me looming like that takes real control and he got there quite quickly. You can see him fighting his instinct and that's really tiring. Mwahaha.

clairey

Post   » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:29 pm

New pig is home. Given his traumatic journey, it was rather a surprise when he approached me to take dinner. Even more surprising when after only an hour, he began shouting back at Graham (who is auditioning for Broadway as I type). Well, I did say didn't want a shrinking violet. I worry he's very bold though (as in Slytherin) but who's to say what floats Graham's boat and vice versa.

Me scared. :/

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:49 pm

You'll do fine, Clairey, and so will Graham and New Pig. As I said earlier, if anyone can pull this off, you can.

tashab

Post   » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:29 pm

I'm sure it will go well, clairey :)

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:59 pm

How exciting and a big, warm welcome to new pig. He sounds lovely and able to hold his own against Graham. Fingers crossed that all go well with the introductions. They don't know it but their mummy is a real pro at it.

clairey

Post   » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:03 am

Good morning, humans of the world, my name is Simon.

I arrived here yesterday. I've lived a lot of places before so I don't let things faze me. This is me 10 minutes after I arrived:

And this is me an hour or so after that. There's a hooded bed thing and a sort of roofed area of my new apartment but I know eagles don't live in houses so I sleep where I want.

The human says she's never known a pig not to be freaked at first out by living in a cage open to the sky. Silly human, that's a ceiling up there, not sky! She also keeps looking at me and chuckling and calling me "very Alan-y". I'm not sure if she's referring to my figure, my bravery or what. I don't even know what it means. Probably regional dialect for 'awesome'.

The neighbours seem ok. You'd hardly know the guy directly downstairs is there, he keeps himself to himself but the neighbour over the way is a different story. He loves karaoke. I tried to join in hoping he'd get the hint that he's too loud but he just turned it up to 11. He's pretty welcoming though.

That's all from me except what's a butternut squash? I apparently look like one. is that a good thing?

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:55 am

I have been eagerly checking out your thread to read more updates on new pig and ho ho, he's got a name now. Simon certainly is a brave boar to be sleeping out in the open on his very 1st day in a new home. Looks like he's going to fit right in. Of course, the real proof will come when he and Graham meet face to face and get to spend time together. Maybe they'll sing or hollar out a duet?

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:21 am

Ooooooh, look at that saxxy leg! I think I am in love with Simon the Butternut Squash Pig.

And, Graham the Karaoke King... hahahaha!

Maybe go right for the buddy bath with these two?

Oh, and congrats on your new addition, finally here! Hope he does indeed prove to be "very Alan-y".

clairey

Post   » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:03 am

All of the pigs will be getting bathed individually (Bobs is due for his monthly spa day anyway) over the next few days so they'll all have the same base smell and I'll take it from there. Gorgeous Guineas 4 oil is great for that - it reeks of patchouli. I expect bathing Simon will be trying, just a hunch with the head tilt and all, so I'd like to wash him on his own first.

Simon's head tilt apparently pre-dates his immediately previous owners but who knows really. Either way, it's not recent. His ears look nice and clean and he's not itchy anywhere but I'll get Ivermec next week for he and Graham. If anything is going to bring on a mite flare-up, it's boar intros.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:41 am

Hey, clairey, that top pic - maybe a calendar possibility? You have a large, crisp, image maybe?