Continuing Life In The Pigpen

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:15 am

Aw! My one tip for you is to use much more light - diffuse light - which will help brighten the pics and make things crisper (low light levels can end up with slight blur).

clairey

Post   » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:27 am

It's just luck how they happen. My flat is natural light-challenged and I don't have a garden.

goosey1019

Post   » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:43 pm

I am so in love with Simon!

clairey

Post   » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:31 pm

"That's understandable, I'm a lovable kind of guy."

"Just look at my dewlap!"

"I'm pretty sure I could have a future in modelling."

"Me too! Me too!" *duck pout*

Bonus video of Graham realising he could smell Simon on the blanket:

I think Graham has decided he loves Simon even without meeting him. When he smells Simon on me, he snuffles, makes his 'happy chicken' noises then flops down on me. The happy chicken noises are saved for his very favourite things. Stephen used to prompt happy chicken. His nasty wooden house prompts happy chicken. It's like something about Simon reassures him. His bratty loud "OMG I'm so LONELY!" stuff has petered out to almost nothing, thank goodness.

Simon, meanwhile, is neither particularly excited nor alarmed by knowing Graham is around. Oh except when their duet across the room last night prompted Simon to bust out a popcorn. How things will go, I think, is pretty much in Simon's paws.

Robert joins in with the songs at mealtimes and quite enjoyed peeking at Simon earlier but that's as much involvement as he wants right now.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:34 pm

I can't wait to hear about how their meeting goes, once they get together!

clairey

Post   » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:43 pm

My big worry is that I only have space for a 2x4 at the moment. That's tight for 2 young-ish boars and could tip the balance the wrong way. I only have floorspace for 2x7 maximmum. To give them bigger than 2x4 would mean moving Bobs to the bunny cage and I don't want to do that. Although that's where Simon is now, he's unlikely to have ever known bigger so I don't feel too bad. It'd feel like I was plonking Bobs in Shady Pines though.

goosey1019

Post   » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:46 pm

Simon, you definitely have a future in modeling. Look at your shiny coat!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:56 pm

Hey, more calendar possibilities! Are either the first or third Simon pics big and crisp? If so and if you're interested, I'd love a couple more pics to choose from!!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:02 pm

Not to IN ANY Way denigrate Stephen's memory, but... I've TOLD you it was your water and not just his mojo. You have a way of relaxing pigs that's just uncanny.

I forgot all about Simon's impending arrival, shame on me. Then tonight I had to leave a dinner in a restaurant to rush home because I remembered! He is so, so beautiful. I love him, and I cannot wait for intros.

Erinspigs

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:23 am

In the middle photo he appears to be doing his rabbit profile pose.

He is just too cute, those lips!!!

clairey

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:23 am

Goosey, his shiny coat is once more thanks to Gorgeous Guineas shampoo. It wasn't in bad nick when he got here, just felt a bit dusty, but the shampoo has brought out his shine.

Roger that, Lynx. When I pinch and zoom the originals his whiskers aren't blurry so I think the pics are sharp enough. The top one needs cropping though thanks to my fat fingers as you'll see.

Alden, shhhh! It's not a success yet. I've done nothing! Simon is seriously just a very relaxed/confident pig. From day 1 he hasn't startled when I walk past the cage or lean in to touch him. Even Bobs and Graham get taken by surprise sometimes but Simon just looks at me and carries on with his life. It's like he's seen it all before. Maybe he knows he's bright orange and has accepted that if house eagles exist, he's done for no matter how he tries to hide.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:13 am

Great pics! Love the sniffing expedition.