Continuing Life In The Pigpen

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:43 pm

I have a soft spot in my heart for triangle pigs. I've said it before, Robert was my second favorite triangle face, behind my Alice.
I am going to miss so much, hearing of the Adventures of Stephen and Bobs. You certainly have a magical home that attracts the best hearted pigs.
Godspeed to you, Bobs. Snuggle with Stephen and have no pain.

Lovemypigs
Supporter in '17

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:43 am

So sorry and chocked to read of Bobs' passing. I guess I missed a couple days. I'm going to miss that adorable face and the stories to boot.

Good luck with the newbies continuing to get along. Adventures await those two in future episodes.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:30 am

Oh, Clairey, I'm so sorry. That's a lot of loss in not too long.

But you're right, that is the absolute best Bobs picture. For a pig who was so vicious he needed to live alone, he was truly a wonderful character.

I'm glad Graham and Simon showed up at the right times to help you transition, even if it will be a bit bumpy for all of you. But still... I'm sorry.

clairey

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:46 am

It's a huge amount of loss. It's like I'm suddenly back at the start. Almost everything familiar is wiped out. DiscomBobsulated. Lordy, I even lose a whole load of words like comfortaBobs or invisiBobs (hiding with bum sticking out).

It's been almost a year now that I've been hand-feeding or supplementing either Stephen or Bobs or both. It was so strange to not do it last night.

I've done a lot of thinking and I'm so glad I adopted Graham when I did. If I hadn't, I could be sitting here pet-less now. Or with 2 brand new pigs I don't know or have a bond with yet. As it is, I have a great big snuggle of a pig who always enjoys a good snuggle and a chinwag and a new guy who's just beginning to show who he is. That's about the best position I could be in right now.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:29 am

Oh Clairey, I am very, very sorry indeed xxx he had the finest life with you.

He was such a character and you shared that through your words here. I know we will miss all those special little words, and you will miss them even more. But most of all we will all miss Bobs.

Warmest hugs x

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:38 am

God, I wish these little critters were immortal.

Bobbins was my absolute favorite GL piggy. I can't imagine how much you must miss him, clairey, and to lose him so soon after Stephen?

That is just so tough.

Makes me think of how bonded some pigs are, when they go one after another like that. Sure, they get sick and their bodies fail them independently of each other, but I see pairs of pigs follow each other across the bridge rather quickly and can't help but wonder whether it is not entirely a coincidence.

So glad you are finding comfort in Graham-pig and Simon. To be absolutely pigless so suddenly would be such a shock. Each of these little things has such a massive presence (does that make sense?) They take up so much social/emotional/spiritual space, that when one is gone - even if just boarding overnight at the vets - there is definitely an *empty* feeling marking where they should be, and aren't.

It's been almost a year now that I've been hand-feeding or supplementing either Stephen or Bobs or both. It was so strange to not do it last night.

Know exactly what you are talking about here. When I lost my last 2 pigs, I had been hand-feeding/watering/medicating one or both on a daily basis for over 14 months. It was so hard to see all the meds and syringes and mash-making supplies and notes left on the countertop afterward, with nobody left to nurse. Made me cry. I felt very lost for awhile. Like you, I had recently adopted a new pig, and added another shortly after my little boy died, and they definitely helped me move on.

Hugs from halfway around the world.

clairey

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:57 am

Thank you, everyone. I helps so much to know you all understand.

I always suspected Stephen and Bobs would go close together. Graham was supposed to be juju to try to stop it happening but fate is fate.

The wheel keeps on turning though.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:04 am

Priceless.

How do you get a photo mid-yawn like that?

Love Graham's saxxy leg and Simon's expressions: plotting world domination in the first photo, then questioning you in the second photo, then calculating (how to destroy the flashy thing? how to most effectively carry out world domination?) in the third photo.

clairey

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:23 am

Pure accident! Graham just yawns quite a lot when he gets comfy. If I'd been a bit closer, you cold practically do a dental exam. I'm not sure if I'm seeing molar or a pocket of munched food or both when I zoom in.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:22 am

I love the yawning pictures! I'm glad you have these two boys during this time.

minismama

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:38 am

Bobbins Onk-onked his way over the Rainbow Bridge. When he saw Stephen on the other side, some uhhh. ..rumbling and humping ensued. Finally, Bobs groomed Stephen's ears, and much napping then did occur.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:49 am

So sorry for your loss of Robert. While he can never be replaced, I'm glad you have Graham and Simon to keep you company. Loved the photos and Graham looks like he's more chilled now that he has a pal.