Continuing Life In The Pigpen

clairey

Post   » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:24 am

I'll be picking him up on Thursday. He'll be in the bunny cage for at least a week so he and I can get used to each other. I'll go with my gut from there on intros with Graham.

In the meantime I got some photos to tide me over and help me choose a name for him. I normally find it easy but he doesn't look like any on my list.

Those eyebrows! :)

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:53 am

Oliver.

What a cutie!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:11 am

Orville ;o)

Definitely gorgeous! Can't wait to learn more about him. Aren't these guys supposed to be on the shy side? Trying to refresh myself on my breeds the other day, I did run into that description. I have one, not solid color, and he's a real sweetheart, but hates to have anything to do with me unless I'm giving out food. Then again, I didn't get him until he was probably over 2 yrs old and I'm pretty sure he came from a less than ideal home.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:36 am

Bernie! (my new fave name ;-)

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:52 pm

Orville and Bernie are good names. How about Bart?

clairey

Post   » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:15 pm

I think I have it narrowed down to two. Or maybe three.

He can't come soon enough. Graham is driving Bobs and I demented. He keeps going over and yelling for Stephen to come out and play. :( I think it's because the wooden hidey he has this week still has Stephen smells on it. And because he's bored. He's been looking for more interaction that Robert wants to/can give him on their dinner dates which makes Robert tense and grumpy.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:26 pm

He's a bonny lad! How about calling him Jamie after a character in the Outlander series, a handsome red haired Scot!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:06 pm

Jamie totally works. How about Duncan? Fergus?

Erinspigs

Post   » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:21 am

I don't know about names but he is just one ridiculously cute character.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:42 am

Wow, clairey, what a find! So, this soon to be named red and white-crested piggie is the reason why the internet ad for the previous candidate piggy disappeared so fast. Something better was coming down the pipe.

I would be tempted to name him Hazel, after one of my favorite characters in one of my all time favorite books (character reference would suggest Stephen's quiet leadership style...)

Can't wait to hear what you've come up with though. So far, you've managed to hit on my dad's name and my family surname (but with an "s" on the end!) in two of your piggies already.

clairey

Post   » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:49 am

Initial reports are excellent. His head tilt is very slight and doesn't impede him at all, it just makes him dislike the act of being picked up even more than your usual pig. He's happy once he's on your lap and seems pretty chilled out in general. He's already found his voice at dinner time so he's not a shrinking violet. Oh and when you can get him to sit still, he's a bit of a poser for the camera.

3 sleeps!

Edit: Ha, LS! This pig would actually really suit my dad's name and I tried to get permission (after all he's 'dad' to me, not his given name and no one calls him his proper name anyway) but I got shot down.

Edit2: 'Watership Down' gave me an absolute emotional meltdown when I saw it as a kid. My dad tried to remove me from the cinema but I refused to leave. 'Bright Eyes' then became the first single I bought.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:16 am

You got to see Watership Down in the theater? And refused to leave when it got too intense? Sheer awesomeness, that.

Side note: I remember being pretty freaked out by that film when I first saw it as a kid (although I ended up buying a copy about 12 years ago, when it was only available on VHS tape!) but then I got older and found the book, and that was a different story. Absolutely brilliant novel. Material is a bit heavy for a kiddie cartoon, though (well, maybe not this day and age, but 30-35 years ago, yeah...) And, yes, Bright Eyes... that part always makes me cry.

Glad to hear new piggy seems to be doing alright, and the countdown has begun!