Continuing Life In The Pigpen

goosey1019

Post   » Wed May 01, 2013 11:23 pm

I'm always surprised by Mozzie's shape whenever I give him a haircut. Speaking of which, I hope I do as well on his haircut tomorrow as you did on Bobbins'.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Thu May 02, 2013 1:32 am

You found his eyes!

He does look a bit unsure of himself there. Shoulda left the mohawk, cause you know he's a punky kinda pig.

clairey

Post   » Thu May 02, 2013 8:09 am

I did mean to leave it but I got a bit scissor happy! He's good about standing still while I do his body but doesn't like the scissors near his head (understandable!) so it was kind of a one-shot thing. Give it a week or so and it'll be back.

Goosey, it's crazy how much of his midriff was hair. Temperature and hygiene benefits aside, it was worth chopping his hair off just to get a good feel of him. Last time his hair was this short was when I'd just got him and he was a bag of bones so it's nice to know what his actual normal shape is. He's very toned, I'm impressed. I hope you're going to shame Mozzie by taking pics?

goosey1019

Post   » Thu May 02, 2013 12:59 pm

I just posted a picture of his new 'do in Cavy Chat. And Mozzie would like to scoff at Bob's 13g AND Albert's 30g- he lost 47g!

AldenM1
Supporter in '16

Post   » Thu May 02, 2013 2:16 pm

Okay, challenge accepted. I was going to wait another week or two but I think Albert is gonna get sheared in short order.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu May 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Oh dear, what a scissor-happy bunch you are!

clairey

Post   » Thu May 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Hee, what have I done?

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu May 02, 2013 6:43 pm

I convinced Alice to allow me the same. Now I just have to set aside time to steal all of her beautiful hair.
Thanks Bobbins for being the "guinea pig".
This may be the cause of a 'shave your guinea pig for charity' thread or something.

clairey

Post   » Thu May 23, 2013 11:08 am

Bobbins has always had a fascination for the window behind my sofa so I put some towel and fleece on it this afternoon and blocked either end with piles of hardbacks (my sofa back stops anyone stumbling off the edge). The opening part of the window is a foot above the sill so I cracked it open. Bobs loved it. I don't know how much he could see out of the window, mainly cos they're rain-streaked and filthy, but being directly in the airflow fascinated him. I wish I had outside space. :(

Anyway, the above led to an impromptu photo shoot.

Stephen sends profuse apologies for the lack of him in this post but he had something very important to attend to.

Oh, and I'm only telling you this because I've beefed up security against pignappers but Robert has progressed from grooming my arms to, on very special occasions, grooming my face. That's right, kisses.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu May 23, 2013 2:35 pm

How Much Is That Piggy In The Window?
The one with the sticky up hair!
How much is that piggy in the window,
The one that I'd like to see over there (pointing to the piggy area in our kitchen!)

What a happy pair, always smiling :))

AldenM1
Supporter in '16

Post   » Thu May 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do I not see a Bobbins eyeball in that second picture? He's good at hiding them but there it is!

Also: want. Both of 'em.

clairey

Post   » Thu May 23, 2013 5:38 pm

Well spotted! I was quite pleased when I realised I'd gotten an elusive eye shot.

No pig is going anywhere! Well except to the pet sitter (at a top-secret location) next month. For I'm off to Glastonbury Festival and beginning to get a bit hyper about it.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Thu May 23, 2013 5:42 pm

They are so handsome!!! Hmmm, tell us more about this pig sitter. How do we know she will do right by the boys?

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu May 23, 2013 10:16 pm

That's quite a journey, you could call here on the way (and drop Robert and Stephen off while you are at it, what a Good Idea).

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Thu May 23, 2013 10:17 pm

BOB, he just makes me shiver with delight. He is so friggin cute, I want a stuffed animal just like him so I can squish it.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Fri May 24, 2013 5:33 am

Well, the sun is finally warm and shining over here, and sets at midnight and comes up at 4 am and it does not get dark and I have LOTS of outside space for Stephen and Bobbins to enjoy! Like a whole lawn with a veggie patch, which will be planted with lots of lettuce as soon as the ground thaws...

They can come visit me anytime, like next month. No need to hire a sitter then. I will take care of everything :)

minismama

Post   » Fri May 24, 2013 5:34 am

BOBS!!

clairey

Post   » Fri May 24, 2013 8:30 am

Mildred, if we were heading down the east coast I'd definitely be dropping by! We're heading to Manchester to meet friends, then on from there in convoy.

So far, everyone who's met Bobs has giggled. Even my mum who gets squicked out by anything smaller than a cat. The white markings and triangular appearance of his face mean that you really notice when he tilts his head a little and it makes him very expressive. Add that to his outgoing chatterbox nature and you have a sort of cartoon pet.

He and Stephen have a mirroring thing going on. My friend calls them Pavlov's pigs. I need to try to film it. When I feed them veg, pellets or dried grass, I always hand feed them a couple of pieces first before putting it in the cage. So when they know something's coming, they beg at the side of the cage. But they do it in absolute synchronicity. Their front paws hit the sides of the cage in absolute unison. I'm so used to them I hadn't noticed til BF pointed it out.

goosey1019

Post   » Mon May 27, 2013 1:53 am

Oh my goodness. Triangle bobbins head!

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:26 am

Are Stephen and the Boscicle still alive? Please tell me they are, or I shall cry.

982 posts