In the life of Precious

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:22 am

Precious is my little Lethal white girl, She is blind and deaf.
She was rescued 3 weeks ago with a male, they hadn't breed in 6 months according to the people we rescued them from.

Her boy Ollie is now de-sexed and is up for adoption via our guinea pig rescue (Auckland Cavy Care).

Precious has 5 new best friends...
Family line up below...Buttercup, Pluto, Precious, Pixie, Trixie and Gigi

I feed her Critical care once a day as even though her teeth are all normal she seems to have some trouble keeping weight on...

Every morning she's the piggy who wheeks and wheeks and wheeks! (Is that normal for a lethal white to be loud?)

We like to play hide 'n seek but last time she hid so well I almost forgot where she was! Can you find the Precious?

And the first picture I ever took of my girl!

And this is the cage they were rescued in:

Today our vets gave her a free x-ray so we could make sure the lump on her side isn't a baby lump...they said they think it's just a kidney and it's nothing to worry about.

She steals the heart of everyone she meets...like my cat Panther...
Here they are and she's giving him a nice big cuddle:

They both leaned forwards to investigate the camera

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:49 am

What a fine-looking fur family you have!

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:21 am

Thank you!

They all have a story behind them.

Buttercup was the newest to join the herd only 2 weeks before Precious, she came here for me to take photos of her so I could put her up for adoption for someone...and the first girl we rescued back last year was a merino...I hadn't seen one since and just couldn't let Buttercup go so I adopted her myself :P

Pixie was added to the herd before Buttercup, she was brought up running around someone's backyard with her mother and sister and 5 males but sadly when we went to pick them up one of the males had just been killed by their dog. They were all very scared and wild like..little Pixie the most so I couldn't make anyone adopt a very wild-like scared pig so she stayed...her sister is bonded with another girl and they have both helped each other alot as her sister's new friend was brought up with rabbits and didn't wheek for the first month.

Pluto and Gigi were both adopted from the SPCA as buddies for Trixie girl...I had wanted to adopt Gigi's sister but when we walked in she was on her way to her new home...they wouldn't allow us to adopt us one so we adopted both. Pluto is neutered and Gigi is spayed.

Trixie was the start of the whole herd...the pet shop gave her to us *for free, they made no money* as they were going to put her down due to her biting everyone and not being able to find a home...They called my girl a devil and were scared to touch her...shes such a lovely girl and so very smart! She is the leader of the herd and has a very big heart..she's let all of the other pigs join her in her house with no fights at all.

Haha...just wanted to share a bit about Precious's family!

serelixyue

Post   » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:21 am

WOW! I'm going to love this thread! You're the one who contacted me to find Mildred, right? Precious looks so much like Fairy, what a sweetheart. I love that photo of her with the stuffed animals, she's so good at it! Welcome to Guinealynx!!

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:53 am

What a beautiful storry and such lovely sounding piggies you have.

Lovemypigs
Supporter in '17

Post   » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:47 am

Loved reading the history of all your piggies and especially your latest little one. I agree that this is going to be another good thread!!

Your pictures are great!

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:35 pm

Looking forward to reading more about your beautiful girl. :)

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:11 pm

I can't believe that cage they were in. They didn't even have space to turn around. :(

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:54 pm

Poor girl. At least she has a nice home now. :)

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:59 pm

How is little Precious doing today . . . I was just feeding Fairy and thought about your piggy :)

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:39 pm

serelixyue - I did contact you to get in touch with Mildred. (:

Precious is doing well this morning...I've got to feed the piggies their veggies and might take a couple of pictures to share...though it's cage cleaning for them this weekend and the day before I do a complete cage clean Pixie digs up the fleece so the cage is a bit messy today.

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:20 pm

Pictures for you all from this morning's breakfast....Sorry for all the photos I just enjoy taking them!