Chock and Spike

JoePig

Post   » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:31 am

There are only two store bought toys my boys like. Both toys are tunnels.

One is made by Super Pet and is called a Crinkle Tunnel. The Crinkle Tunnel I buy is six inches in diameter. My boys love to dash through this tunnel.

The other tunnel is made by Marshall and is called a Ferret Double Fun Play Tunnel. My boys really like this tunnel and it has bells on it so you can hear them playing in it. I don't like The Marshall tunnel as much because they go to the bathroom in it more and it is harder to clean.

I have found that my pigs seen to like cheap toys the best! Like a small cardboard box with two or three pig-size holes cut around the sides. If I put three small boxes in a triangle, my pigs will go running around and around from one box to the next. I get to listen to them burbling the whole time.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:48 pm

nice ideas sweets :) are you based in the uk or...

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:03 am

gave the boys a good long free range session this morning. Was fun for them and me :)

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:48 am

Pigs have a nice clean cage again. Cleaned them out this afternoon and what a reward i got for doing it :) the pigs were popcorning and talking to each other while they investigated the new bedding and hay stack :) i love my pigs very much.

JoePig

Post   » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:07 am

I am in the USA.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:15 pm

Would probably have to order the toys online but i dont have anyone to read my card details to me which makes ordering really tricky.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:24 pm

I'm glad your pigs are enjoying their clean cage.

JoePig

Post   » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:39 pm

Maybe you can ask a local store to order them for you?

I see both items are for sale at http://www.ferret.com
I found them under the category of toys and tunnels
Then I went to the section on tunnels and tubes.

The Marshall Ferret Double Fun Tunnel is at this link:
http://www.ferret.com/item/marshall-fer ... el/650753/

And the Super Pet Crinkle Tunnel is at this link:
http://www.ferret.com/item/super-pet-cr ... ts/650875/
I think this is the crinkle tunnel that is six inches in diameter.

They have a number of tunnels on this page, but watch out for the diameter of the openings. I bought the Marshall Pet Octo-Play Ferret Interactive Toy and ended up donating it to a ferret rescue. The openings were under three inches! Way too small for my big boys.

My boys also would not use the Nature's Hideaways Cross Tube Ferret Hideaway. The description says this hide away is only four inches tall. I am guessing that means the openings are smaller than four inches due to the thickness of the woven grass. My pigs are too big for that too.

By the way, Oxbow makes accessories out of timothy hay. Here is a link to a tunnel made out of timothy hay:
http://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/produc ... bject=1590

Do not worry about not having presents in time! I do not think guinea pigs know what time is - beyond breakfast, tea time, lunch time, tea time, dinner time, and bed time snack time of course!

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:51 pm

Thats true about food times. :). They sertainly know those. Thats for sure.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:53 pm

My pigs love the dandelion leaves which i got for them the other day. They wheek for them. Bless them.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:05 am

Was thinking to my self the other day about how chock would make a great theropy pig as he loves being stroked and cuddled. He is like a baby. He will quite happy fall asleep on your lap bless him. Chocks coat is really soft and silky to the touch its beautiful. Spikes coat is slightly rough as he is part rex. He isnt a cuddle pig at all. He would rather be off exploring.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:50 am

the pigs did get some new toys in the end. they got a willo ball two small bull rush ball. A big bull rush ball. A new tunnel and a new cardboard tube since they recked the last one.