Everyday's a Dede Day!

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Wed May 21, 2014 3:20 am

The happy little family is doing well!

I feel like I'm failing Dede in some way...as even though she doesn't feel skinny...she still only weighed in tonight at 187grams while Delta is up at 375 grams - exactly twice Dede's weight.

A not very good picture of Dede tonight...my camera was almost out of battery so my camera wasn't happy with me.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu May 22, 2014 1:59 am

I find with pigs it's an uphill battle trying to get them to put on weight. My sow has also been losing weight but latest vet visit, teeth check etc + ultrasound didn't turn up anything. On the plus side, she's active and eating and I am weighing her daily.

I guess with Dede being a lethal, it's even more worrying but as long as she's not losing weight, eating and active, you can't be doing that much wrong with her care. She's fortunateto be in your care. best wishes that she continues to thrive and live life to the fullest.

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Thu May 22, 2014 2:09 am

GP_mum - Thank you, she's not losing weight (maybe up to 10 grams difference between weighings) but then she's not gaining any. She's always between 175 - 195...never goes any lower or higher.

I'll be super happy when little Dede weighs over 200grams in two weighings - but then, as you pointed out at least she's not currently losing weight!

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Thu May 22, 2014 6:34 pm

I am sorry to hear she is not putting on the weight you would like. You are probably doing just fine for her if she is not losing, and given that she is a lethal. She is a beauty.

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Sat May 24, 2014 1:05 am

9 weeks old today!

Dede has is such a lovely girl...I know I shouldn't have favourites but..little Dede would be mine out of that herd (My Trixie girl is my overall fav and the only guinea to ever change that was Precious).

Dede likes to lick and "nibble" fingers as I often spill some of her 'wet food' and then just let her lick it up off my fingers...not having front teeth does have an up-side of not being able to bite.

Pictures of the girls...left to right
Top two;
Delta then Dede
Bottom three;
Dede, Delta (with Dede at the back) and then Delta again.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sat May 24, 2014 2:32 am

They are so precious!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sat May 24, 2014 4:00 am

They are adorable. I love the 1st photo where Dede looks like she's not quite sure what's going on right at that moment. She and Delta are very photogenic.

Rodent-Cuddles

Post   » Wed May 28, 2014 2:12 am

I will write a longer message. But feel like I should let you all know today. Dede isn't with us on this earth anymore and has gone and joined Precious who will be showing her all the new wonders of a full set of teeth, eye sight, hearing and all the food they could ever want.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Wed May 28, 2014 3:18 am

I'm so sorry. She was so lucky to have you, she had a great life with you.

*hugs*

SardonicSmile

Post   » Wed May 28, 2014 7:35 am

I am so sorry Dede passed away.

In all her specialness you gave her the best life possible.

Crazy4me

Post   » Wed May 28, 2014 9:50 am

I am sorry to hear about Dede.

Lovemypigs
Supporter in '17

Post   » Wed May 28, 2014 10:11 am

Dede had the best 9 weeks of life any GP could have with you as a Mommy!! So sorry you lost her and she will be missed. Be free little one.