Reese's Pieces

LainLockey

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:38 pm

I'm Reese, and today's piece is about a few e-mails. But before we get to that I should point out that everything started with an ad :

"Recently one of my guinea pigs passed away, this left his cagemate without a companion. Since guinea pigs thrive in pairs (and also because I adore them) I am looking for a new friend for Tayto. Ideally his new companion would be a healthy young/baby male, or a spayed female. If you are re-homing a guinea pig who fits these criteria please send me a message. Please include your asking/adoption price and a photo. Thank you for reading my ad."

It was an ad that went unanswered for a long time, almost as long as I'd lived in my latest house.

The woman who posted it has had guinea pigs for a long time, she was looking for a new friend and placed the ad online. After placing it though she lost a piggy, one she loved very, very much. She was so heartbroken that she considered taking it down but since nobody had contacted her about it so she figured it wouldn't hurt to leave it up. She figured she could always ignore the messages if she wasn't ready, she didn't have to say yes, or answer. Weeks went by and no one wrote, she forgot about the ad. Seemingly out of the blue she received a message, it didn't say much but I guess it got her attention :

"i have a guinea pig u could have he is about a year old hes gunna b a little skidish at first but after that hes laid back i have some stuff i got for him too if u want any of that with him"

She almost ignored it, but curiosity got the better of her... Later that day she replied, not committing to anything, but asking for more information and to see a photo of me. This was what she got back:

"He's friendly and nice to play with. Is verry good with other animals we have too dogs and they can go right up to him and sniff him and he dosent bite them. I am looking to "re-home" him because I am in school an go away allot on weekends and I don't have the time to give him attention anymore"

How do you think she responded? Check back to find out what happened next.

MotaroRIP

Post   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:53 pm

What a neat looking little guy. Sounds like you rescued him for a questionable home.

MotaroRIP

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:55 am

*from not for V_V

More pics soon I hope!

LainLockey

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:30 pm

You know, at first I didn't really think I was rescuing him but once I got him home I realized how badly he had things... More on that later (tonight if I get a chance). And they'll be more photos soon too.

tashab

Post   » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:16 pm

Yay! LainLockey, I'm so glad you are posting his story!

LainLockey

Post   » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:04 am

The woman didn't reply right away, she needed a chance to think about it. Obviously she thought I was cute, how could she not? All of us piggies are cute though. The boy who owned me hadn't given her much information about me... How was she supposed to decide?

The next day the woman wrote back. She explained to the boy who owned me that she was interested but she asked that he give her a couple days to think about it (I guess my face alone wasn't enough to persuade her)... That's when things got a little confusing... My owner was worried, and he put up an ad up online immediately : "Guinea pig, cage, feeder, water bottle. Free if u take him today". The woman didn't know about the ad, but my owner contacted her too. This was what he told her :

"i gave him the last of his food this afternoon, i have no more. u can have him for free if you come today"

LainLockey

Post   » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:05 am

Thanks Tashab! So far it's been quite the adventure, I have a feeling he'll have a lot of interesting stories to share.

LainLockey

Post   » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:24 am

The next 30 minutes were a bit of a blur. My owner got several more e-mails then suddenly I was being pulled from my cage and put into a cardboard box with only my hidey. I had no idea what was happening but I was pretty rattled. The phone rang, my owner told whoever was on the line not to come to the door, he scooped up the box I was in and together we rushed out the door.

It was cold out and I didn't have a towel or anything warm so I hid in my hidey. I felt the box change hands and then I heard my owner's voice, and the voice of an unfamiliar stranger. The stranger wanted to make sure I was a boy but didn’t have enough hands to hold the box, lift the hidey, and pick me up. My owner wasn’t much help, he lifted my hidey and showed her my face. She then tried to ask him some questions but all he really said was that he’d only had me for two months but that I was about a year old. When the stranger asked where I’d come from he just said “I got him off of someone else.”, he then turned and went inside. I didn’t realize it then but I’d never see him again.

The stranger carried me to her car; she opened the door and placed the box on the backseat. Slowly she withdrew my hidey, and put it on the floor of her car. I was so startled that I ran circles around the box. She tried to calm me, then gave me a soft pouch. I was quick to climb inside, it was nice and warm. She then got into the front seat and started the car then off we went.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:46 am

You're a good storyteller!

Brambles

Post   » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:40 am

Lovely story!!

LainLockey

Post   » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:20 pm

Thank you! There's more to come. Next up Reese will tell you all about his new home, then when he gets a chance he'll share his spa day experience... I took lots of pictures of that on his behalf.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:52 pm

Can't wait to see more of his photos. He's such a gorgeous boar. I'm sure he cant believe how pampered his life has suddenly become.