Reese's Pieces

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:44 pm

He is just amazingly handsome. I love those markings.

MotaroRIP

Post   » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:42 am

What a nice looking pig.

LainLockey

Post   » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:15 pm

I've settled into this place quite nicely. The humans here are very friendly. They pet me and feed me and they chat with me whenever they walk passed me which I really like. I also like to talk back to them. *wheek wheek*!

I have some pretty big news. I've moved AGAIN. Not into a new house, but into a larger cage this time... And that's only the half of it! I've met a new guinea pig too. We're still getting to know one another so I'm not quite sure how I feel about him but to be honest with you I think he might have a bit of a crush on me... His name is Tayto but the humans call him Tater.

We first met when the woman put us both in the bathtub (yea, that horrible place again). At first he and I were both too distracted by the various foods that were in the tub (much better than water if you ask me) to really notice one another but once I finished eating I just had to figure this creature out. He was really puffy and all his hairs stand up on end. I felt awkward and wasn't really sure what to say so I sniffed him.

Then I sniffed him some more.

And then some more still.

I think I may have made him uncomfortable because he snapped. He lunged and mounted and humped and rumbled. I wasn't impressed and gave him the same bad attitude right back. We bickered and fought and squeaked and squealed pausing only for naps...

...This went on for hours.

LainLockey

Post   » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:17 pm

Thanks everyone. I too think he's pretty handsome.

GP_Mum, I wish I could say they were uneventful. This was easily my most challenging match up to date!

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:56 pm

Awww, Such cute intro pics.
Especially the nap! :)

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Both pigs have similar colours so hopefully that helped with their bonding. They're very cute and I love how Reese was checking Tater out.

LainLockey

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:07 pm

Thanks! I agree TexCavy, the napping picture is the cutest. The sniffing photos are just funny. Haha.
It may have helped a little GP_mum, though perhaps not initially.

LainLockey

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:27 pm

Where was I? Oh right, the bickering. When I said it went on for hours I assure you I wasn't exaggerating. After a while our human believed we were settled down enough to put us into a thoroughly cleaned cage... She realized shortly after that it was too soon for that. We were right back at it again!

*nip nip* *lunge* *whirl* *nip*

Suddenly we were in the bathtub. AGAIN. It was filled with something I'm remember clearly and am really not so keen on - water. You know who likes water even less than I? Tater! I mean seriously, you should have seen him. He was freaking out. He tried to climb out of the tub, jump into the woman's hands, scratch his way up her arm but finally resigned himself to the fact that we were both going to drown (I really think he believed this). He came over to me and huddled against me, presumably to determine if I could be used as a floatation device or something... To my surprise he just stood there. Together we stayed still while she shampooed and rinsed us.

When bath time was all said and done the tub was drained but Tayto still wouldn't leave my side. In that moment we were both too wet to worry about who was king of the castle.

So, what do you think happened once we were both dry?

tashab

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:22 pm

I hope the answer is that they start getting along!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:43 pm

Poor boys. They look wet and miserable but hopefully, post bath meant the start of cordial relations between the 2.

clairey

Post   » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Reese is a honey. Duly added to pignap list.

I hope they decided to be friends after their bath. More please!

LainLockey

Post   » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:44 pm

They were pretty miserable, but they've already gotten over it. I think they've even forgiven me.

More soon! I promise, Clairey! I've been really busy the last couple of days... Busy getting myself a conditional offer of admission into college. Woo! I'm taking a 1 year Veterinary Assistant program with hopes of getting accepted into a Technician program in 2015.