Reese's Pieces

LainLockey

Post   » Tue May 06, 2014 1:45 am

Reese lost the last of this front teeth today. Poor piggy. I hope his molars are in better shape.

Sorry I haven't updated, I've been sick with laryngitis and a terrible cold :(

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Tue May 06, 2014 3:25 am

I second the I love triangle-pigs sentiment. May we see more triangle-pig photos of your handsome boy?

LainLockey

Post   » Tue May 06, 2014 9:56 pm

I'll try to post more triangle-pig pictures soon :) As well as the conclusion to introductions with Tayto.

In the interim here's a video of me hand-feeding him some bits of red bell pepper : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzNR9EGcTIU

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue May 06, 2014 11:57 pm

I love where Reese puts his little paw on your hand. He seems like a very trusting pig.

LainLockey

Post   » Wed May 07, 2014 3:17 am

Thanks C. Cole-Chakotay, that's my favorite part :) He is surprisingly trusting, it hasn't taken long at all for him to feel comfortable with me. He's even taken to sleeping on me. He's such a sweet boy.

LainLockey

Post   » Wed May 07, 2014 8:25 pm

A lot has happened since I last updated your guys. When I left off I was just getting out of the tub after a buddy bath. I'm embarrassed to admit to you all that as soon as we were dry we were at each other again. We just couldn't keep from pestering one another...

The lady we live with decided to ignore it since we weren't really hurting one another. She put us back in our cage, kept a careful eye on us and otherwise didn't intervene. I'll admit that we struggled with putting aside our differences, it took us over a week to stop bickering, but eventually the dust settled. We may still be guilty of the occasional mount but to be honest it's just a bit of silly fun now.

See, we're friends!

Tayto says "Hey look, I've got a new buddy!".

Please don't forget to check back in on us soon!

skinnypigs1
Supporter in '12

Post   » Wed May 07, 2014 8:53 pm

Oh adorable! What gorgeous coats and colours.

tashab

Post   » Wed May 07, 2014 9:46 pm

Oh, I love their little faces! The video is very sweet.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed May 07, 2014 10:18 pm

Gret to know they're getting along. Those 'we're buddies' photos are lovely. They both are such handsome boars.

LainLockey

Post   » Thu May 08, 2014 12:45 pm

Thanks everyone :) They're a really cute pair. It's really nice to see Tayto with a friend again. He was alone for quite a while after Legend passed away.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Fri May 09, 2014 4:44 am

I like seeing Tayto with that super-awesome snuggle sack, too. Best pattern in creation, says I.

Glad to hear things have settled down. I haven't had much luck with adult pairings, myself, and am always glad to see one work out.

ETA: just watched the hand-feeding video, and Reese sure is a well-behaved little cutie. I love how he keeps wanting to put his paw on your finger while eating. And, that last frame of him sitting just inside the hutch door should, well, be framed.

LainLockey

Post   » Sun May 18, 2014 7:56 pm

Thanks LS in AK! I couldn't resist the fabric when I saw it, I had to buy some.

I've been pretty fortunate, even with boys. Only once was an intro a full out failure and it was when I attempted to introduce a third male to an already bonded pair.

He IS very well behaved. He's an excellent snuggler too.

His front incisors have all grown back now. I was surprised by how quickly they grew in again.