The Big Fluffy Fun World of Cuys!!

jacqueline

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:49 pm

So Alex and Rosie seem to be adjusting. Rosie, the fluffier girl, stays mostly in her hidey - by the way, she fits very nicely inside the turtle hidey by Winde spirit!.

Alex is the one most likely to be heard galumphing from one corner of the cage to the other. She's definitely the more genteel of the two - she tends to scream bloody hell whenever she thinks someone's looking at her funny!

From day one I started making kissing noises whenever I was going to approach them, hoping not to startle them. I'm consistent about this. When I make those noises, they still run for cover, but in less of a panic - a little slower than before. Sometimes I can even walk past the cage without them dashing off.

I can sometimes catch Alex sneaking a glance at me out of the corner of the cage, partly hidden by the fleece tent!

So here are some photos of Rosie:

Wheekers3

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:22 pm

Wow, I had no idea, but that's pretty good evidence.

I wish them all a long life filled with happiness.

Wheekers3

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:22 pm

So true I had to say it twice!

(double post )

jacqueline

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:30 pm

Thanks Wheeker3!!

I'm so bothered! I had cute captions and everything, but for some reason Photobucket s being crabby and it wouldn't copy the captions! Bleh!

Maybe tomorrow!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:33 pm

So cute!! I bet you will win their hearts -- or at least, their trust!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:54 pm

Super cute pictures.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:00 pm

Pretty!

jacqueline

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:11 pm

I so don't understand this whole confounded world wide web thing! The captions are now there?!?!

Anyway. . .

Just weighed the girls. Alex came to me weighing 1567 grams. Tonight she's 1618 grams - 3.56 pounds!

Rosie came in at 1813 grams and is now 1841 grams - 4.05 pounds. I guess it's a good thing that they're gaining weight, right?

Who else remembers the Dr. Suess book, A Fish Out of Water?

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:24 pm

You may have had older versions of the file (if they had the same filename) in your browser cache. Just an idea!

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:26 pm

Wow, that's practically 2 regular pigs put together.

jacqueline

Post   » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:22 pm

This week, it's Alex's turn for photos. She's definitely the more skittish piggie. She screams when I go to pick her up. But she is getting a little more trusting when I get in the cage to clean, or give food.

When I do finally get her on my lap, the hides her face, usually in the crook of my elbow and refuse to show her face. After a few minutes, she'll peek out, and give me the cutie-pi eye:

After a few rounds of peek-a-boo, she's out for good:

Then, at last, she's comfortable enough to square off with me and show me all her cuteness:

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:57 pm

Awww! Sounds like she's adjusting very well.