The Rt. Honorable Jessie Cress, Heir Apparrot!

poppycorn

Post   » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:35 pm

Good luck Bertie!

I can solve all your woes, I can bring him home with me? ;)

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:49 pm

Thanks! I passed on your Good Luck wishes, although I can't see what all the fuss is about really - if he wants to join his ladies he can't join us in his 'state'!

Poppycorn, I have been assured you will be pocket-searched before you leave. NO pig-napping allowed!!

Thanks, Auntie clairey. I am not sure he will be sitting round the tea tray though, he can take second sittings . . . maybe!

My mum says she DID have a pair of boy pigs many years ago. They were Mildred and Molly's offspring, they were 'pet shop pigs' and both pregnant (boys again!). They went to a new home but returned when they were 4. My mum said they didn't smell as sweet as us girls! But anyway, Bertie has a daddy to see to all those 'manly jobs, meaning my our mum needn't be too near anything smelly whatsoever.

Bertie's bag is packed. Look, here he is having a little chat with his daddy earlier this evening.

He is explaining how he will be able to live with his tribe once he's been seen to!

I am not sure what he is saying here (but I think I can guess)!

And here's a rare photo of our mum and a matching Bertie!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:57 pm

YAY BOAR IN THE PIGGERY!!! I am so excited. I love my girls, but boars are the best.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:05 pm

What a sweetheart he is!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:32 pm

What a handsome boar! After he has is procedure and recovers, I'm sure he will fit right in with the ladies.

Sasha the pig

Post   » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:36 pm

What a handsome boy!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:34 pm

He is just as cute as can be.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:35 pm

Agree that Bertie is a real sweetheart. All the best with his surgery and that he recovers quickly. I wonder how Flo will take to having a man in house (once he's all healed and recovered of course).

clairey

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:02 am

Heh heh, 'his bag is packed'. Not for long it's not! Yes, I know, I'm 12 in my head.

Best healing wishes, Bertie.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:33 am

Boys! I had a Bertie once, he was a funny little chap.

Hope his surgery goes well.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:41 am

A boy in the piggery!! Will wonders never cease? He is a cutie!

Hope mum's shoulder is healing & Bertie's little procedure goes smoothly.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:20 pm

Whoooo!! He's been done all is ok! He's had a nibble of a dandelion leaf but it still a bit quiet.

My mum said the vet was very really knowledgeable. They do pain relief before the op. And After. And he has 2 follow up appointments booked in for next week.

He reckons we should wait 6 weeks before Bertie can join me and his other wives. I think Flo, in particular, will be glad to hand over the responsibility of co-pig-in-chief!

Thank you for all your good wishes, your comments made us all feel happy!