Chock

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:20 am

Chock doesnt wanna be touched or picked up today for some reason. Must do more hand feeding i think. he loves bein hand fed :) he so soft in his coat its like silky soft and shiney so i must be doing something right.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:47 am

Managed to calm chock down enough to pick him up to clean cage. Now he popcorning around in there and talking. Silly pig i have.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:28 am

now he letting me stroke him inside his cage with out running off. I dont understand him sometimes lol

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:09 am

Woken up by chock wheeking for veg :) how he new it was six a m i dont know. he always gets fed after i take my medication. He is very bright. I am giving him a corse in hand theropy as he is a little bit shy and his stress hormones neede to drop in his blood. he is scared of hands but thats not surprising after what he been through. i been hand feeding him by hand since spike went. He is getting better. Its just gonna take time.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:56 am

I aint gonna force him to go in the pen if he freak every time he goes in there and he use to love running in his pen. Now he iether wants to be on me or in his cage. i think something traumatic happen to him in there i think. I have disinfected it. Changed towl totally but he still wan out in two mins

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:55 am

Just cleaned chocks cage out. Now he popcorning and wheeking to him self. Bless. nice to feel needed to be honest with you.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:49 am

I know exactly what you mean, Maddy. It is a good feeling.

I'm happy Chock is getting back to his happy old self. Wouldn't it be nice if they could actually tell us when something is wrong? I'm getting the feeling that Peek really would have been happy all by himself. I haven't seen any popcorning or lap running since I gave him a companion, and he's had 4 different ones, now. But I wouldn't go to a third cage again, even I did have the room. As long as he's not having any problems, he can live with a small harem. If he reaches the point where he IS having difficulties, I'll have to re-configure the cages, and give him a much smaller space. Scatter will get the harem of 3.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:01 am

aww sorry to hear about your situation. Chock is so chilled out he cant live with other pigs as he just get picked on. He much happyer on his own to be honest. He even has a shrill wheek squeel that he startt yesterday. Only when salad here though. He wheeks for hay and pelits and when his water gets changed or cage cleaned out. he is coming out his shell slowly but surely

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:00 am

Chock is now back at a kg you will be pleased to know. Now i just have to moniter his food intake in case he puts on to much.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:29 am

Just done todays spot clean. The cage is really clean even though a day has passed. Chock is very clean pig who only goes in one corner of the cage which make it easyer to clean on my part :) i may try litter training him now he on his own. I have a litter tray think i will try that when his cage gets cleaned out next. will keep you updated.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:37 am

Chocks really coming along where hands are conserned. Because i have been hand feeding him he is reacting in a positive manor so that makes me wanna keep goin with this as he very much enjoys it. he is letting me stroke him in the cage now with out running off and hiding. thats progress

Maddy_harper

Post   » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:10 am

Chock is really coming out his shell now :) i get such a welcome from him in the mornings its so cute.