One Little, Two Little, Three Little Guinea Pigs

GrannyJu1
Supporter in 2018

Post   » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:52 am

Fuzz doesn't need an excuse to give mushy poops, I'm beginning to think that's her normal "nature". :o(

GrannyJu1
Supporter in 2018

Post   » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:52 am

Fuzz's messier poops are passing. I've been giving her (approximately) 0.25 cc of the Bio-Sponge and I'm pretty sure that's what is helping her. I've even had some hideys NOT get messed up every night! She hasn't been at this lighter level of messiness in months. We ran out of the Bio-Sponge, so I've started the count over - 5 days, 3 times a day. If that completely clears her up, then we'll stop the Bio-Sponge to see if her poops don't stay nice and firm. Lucca at Platinum says that if necessary, Fuzz can have as little as she needs to keep the poops firm, even on a daily basis. To my amazement, Fuzz takes it like a champ, if I can get the nozzle far enough back. She's become the sweetheart I always wanted.

Although the fungus *appears* to have cleared up, I see a bit of scratching, especially Dusty, on her tummy. No missing fur, just seems like I see her do it often. And then there's the water... I'm not sure but I think she's drinking a lot more. Or playing with it and soaks the fleece below the water bottle. Actually that only happened one time and might have just been a defective cap. I changed it and have had no real "soaks" since. I still see Dusty at the bottle more often than the others. I'm watching for signs of pain or hair-pulling on her sides. If I see that, I'll know to get her into the vet ASAP to be checked for cysts.

Belle is her normal quiet, sweet self. She usually lets the others push their way into the line ahead of her, to get the Vit C tabs, so I try to make sure she's first now and then. She's just so quiet. Likes to bury herself in the hay pile. I mean *really* likes it!

I'm going to try for photos soon. Never tried a three-some but I want to, and will. Dusty is just a smidge smaller than Fuzz and you'll see the difference between her and Belle when I actually get some shots. Dusty is only a week older than Belle but Belle is a good 50-60 grams smaller than either of the other two. And no, she's not being pushed away from the food.

Thank heavens the cats are healthy! At 9.5 +/- pounds each, I hope they quit growing soon! Already nine months old!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:19 pm

Looking forward to photos. And so glad the Bio-Sponge is continuing to help!

I bet your cats are still giving you trouble ;-)

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2018

Post   » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:12 pm

GrannyJu1 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:52 am
Never tried a three-some but I want to, and will.
Oh, my!

144 posts