Further Tales From The Pigpen

CavyHeart

Post   » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Maybe I could help with captioning? It would help save on the rug replacement bill!

I like the idea of the calendar tradition living on in digital form. Let me know if there are other ways I might be able to lend a hand from afar. :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:41 pm

The biggest lending a hand is getting people to submit photos!

Not right now though. I'm on dialup and it is murder to receive large files. Should be on DSL in a couple weeks.

clairey

Post   » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:58 am

A tiny bit of sunshine happened.

It's a bit too fuzzy for calendar purposes but oh, so cute!

And without hats just cos.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:34 am

That is really cute!

goosey1019

Post   » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:25 pm

Aw! So many cute little lips!

I think this is the first picture that's really highlighted for me the difference in their sizes.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:55 pm

Hahahaha. I was already downloading a couple of these pics when I started reading posts for the digital style calendar. Editing the pics (for my personal use) is easy, as is printing a calendar on cardstock. I just don't have the imagination for the captions. Lynx, I'll make a donation AND send a couple of rugs, teeheehee. Sorry, I can't find my skill set to help with the wear-and-tear on the legs and feet, though. Must have got up and walked off. (Sorry, couldn't resist; been married to the pun master for too many years.) ;o)

clairey

Post   » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:04 pm

Simon always sits further back which shrinks him. Or so I say. Graham is a monster though. I'd love to see him next to a baby pig.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:32 pm

I would too. He kind of looks like he's next to a baby pig already.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:21 pm

Selecting good pics is also tough. In the last calendar, for example, there are a few that did not print as well as I had hoped and then there are a few fabulous pics. MildredM's photos, for example, are consistently wonderful (crisp, clear, colorful, and fun).

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:43 am

What a difference a bit of sunshine makes. I would love to be able to hold Graham and get the full effect of his size. All mine are underweight in comparison, with the heaviest sow weighing -in at a mere 790g and my lightest - my mystery illness pig is a mere 520g.

clairey

Post   » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:17 am

I'm going to try to take their vital statistics at some point. I'm curious myself as to how much bigger G's frame actually is and how much is floof and posture.

clairey

Post   » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:51 pm

I needed a distraction so I took some very rough measurements. In terms of circumference, both pigs are pretty much the same round the belly and the armpits and even between the ears.

Graham stands about 4 or 5cm taller to the top of his head than Simon. Posture accounts for some of it but G's forelegs are also a good centimetre longer. Initial readings indicate Graham is about 13 inches long nose to tail, probably more when stretched. Simon is about 11 inches, maybe a touch less. That seems right. G can get his head clear over the grids when he's on his back legs, Simon can only get his nose over.

So there we have it. Simon would look like a reasonably big pig next to anyone else!