Further Tales From The Pigpen

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:59 am

Clairey, some pairs just bicker. Snick and Ouiser were very loudly conversational their whole life together, but I don't at all believe they weren't perfectly happy together. Well, Snick was happy, and Ouiser would have preferred that he pick up his socks and help out with folding things. But you know what I mean.

clairey

Post   » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:20 pm

Yeah, I know. And I do need to keep reminding myself they're young. Simon's barely 2 at most and Graham is a little younger. So they're still all slamming doors and youthful theatrics.

Maddy_harper

Post   » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:45 am

haha piggies slamming doors. Thats a funny idea to me. Wonder if there is such a thing as a pig flap instead of a cat one. Ooo i am laughing now at that one. Hahaha

clairey

Post   » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:27 am

I bet some pigs could be trained to use a flap door thing. Simon likes to nose the kitchen door open when I'm in there so he can remind me that he's (always) hungry.

All of my pigs have each had a particular way they like to be petted and I've finally found Simon's. He likes a light, circular massage down his spine. I coaxed a purr out of him as he melted into the floor. :) Graham has a big tuft of hair right below his shoulder blades that's like his on/off switch. It's super-sensitive to touch and makes him twitchy if I brush past it but if I work it down flat with my fingers, he gets all dopey.

clairey

Post   » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:15 pm

We have progress! It's not snuggling but until a few days ago they couldn't possibly lie this close for much more than a couple of minutes. Either Graham would flash teeth or Simon would retreat before he had the chance. At the moment they've been snoozing like this for a good 45 minutes and it's becoming normal.

And pellets can once more be served in a bowl without anyone being threatened or bullied.

They feel a lot more balanced now as a pair. :) Graham is still a twit but Simon seems to be growing to quite enjoy him.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:49 pm

They look so sweet together!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:26 pm

Heartwarming! So cute at the pellet bowl.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:16 pm

Still looking for that darn "like" button...

Crazy4me

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:14 am

Simon is summoning (demanding) you to fill the bowl with pellets immediately instead of busying yourself with that contraption with the annoying flash.

"Graham is still a twit"....
Yes Graham has the abby-tude and those abby's can be such twits.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:29 am

Lovely pigs!

clairey

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:02 am

"Graham has the abby-tude"

Oh he so does! He also got a bit carried away with suddenly finding himself the top pig and his very top pig-ness had to be reinforced at every and all opportunity. I can't praise Simon enough for not rising to the constant bait. There were times I felt Simon was being really bullied but then he would sprawl out and nap somewhere that a wary or harrassed pig just wouldn't, eg. the middle of the cage or the favoured bed.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:38 am

Good for Simon. Mr. Chill!