Pigjes' Pigs Piggadice part Pee ... oops, Three!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:23 am

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:50 am

You've made it very difficult to pignap Binky, living so far away!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:31 am

Excellent!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:01 pm

Beware GrannyJu1. I might get there first!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:37 am

He's so adorable, so clever, and such a happy boy! And I ain't up for co-ownership, no pignapping either, lol!!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:24 am

Some more Binky cuteness! He has such a sunny disposition! We love him to bits!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:31 am

Total and absolute Binky cuteness!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:38 am

Binky is special in a weird way, lol, he always has been. We can put 9 hideys in his cage and he will choose one to occupy only till the setting changed, most of the time. Not in the same spot, or color, there is no logic to it. At the start when he arrived, he even didn’t like the cage setting to change, but now he likes it. He has a very strict repetitive daily regime, you can put a clock next to it. If a pig ever comes close to being autistic, he sorta is.

He refuses any hay we offer him, he barely eats any of it, he survives almost solely on green oat hay. We tried without, he gets terrible diarrhea, so we had to put it right back in.

He has a mini noticeable tail that he moves up when he’s happy. He popcorns and flaps his ears doing so. He smiles, tries to mimic our smile when we grab him.

I never had a pig before who has a gagging reflex, thought pigs don’t have that! When he gets his heart meds, he’s often too eager and shoves the syringe way too deep, which makes him gag! His Petit Mal makes him startle sometimes, as we moved position since he has an episode, so he hides at rocket speed when he comes to it. We feel sorry for him that this came across as aggressive to other pigs, so he has to live alone.

He sorta knows that his Dollie isn’t real, yet he does pretend she is. Sometimes, he gets angry at her an bumps her right out of his hidey, lol, but most of the time, he sleeps on her with his head.

This is how he peeks outside to study us, which he does a lot.

He makes it clear when he wants lap time, by standing upright in his hidey, with his head peering out. He’s such a love bug! He kisses me endlessly!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:50 am

Awww! Thank you for sharing him with us. He does seem to be an awesome pig! And dang cute to go with it.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:07 pm

I love those front legs stuck straight out. He's an interesting, quirky, adorable pig.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:19 pm

He sounds like such a special guy! Your pictures sure show how absolutely adorable he is!!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:55 am

Took Binky to the vet, as he was in pain. We already suspected a possible mild arthritis, as you could hear him whimper ever so slightly sometimes in the past weeks when he scratched his left backside.

This morning, he decided that he needed help and complained loudly. We looked at him, and he was hopping from his left foot onto the right and back, never seen a pig do that before! It was done on purpose, as he waited to do that till we looked at him from closeup, as if to indicate where he was in pain.

Now, in almost 50 years of having pigs, I had never seen any pig who dared to go past their instincts to show an issue, but he has done this before, he sorta overcame his instincts as he decided that those humans are great at listening and helping out.

So, instant appointment made, a few hours later, he had an x-ray to confirm. He's now on the same supplements as his human mom for it: glucosamin, collagen, turmeric and ginger. We should see improvement soon.

As soon as the vet left the room, he watched her leave, looked at me, raised his head, gestured to go, and climbed in his carrier. He's not scared of the vet, as she is great. She said he's a funny dude. Since Bink means dude in Dutch, that's even more true than she realized, lol!