Pigjes' Pigs Piggadice part Pee ... oops, Three!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:46 am

Thanks!

We made a vid of Binky's bobbing motion, which is very typical of heart issues, as his is very pronounced. Already gone today after the first heart meds, the hooting too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNR68Fe ... e=youtu.be

I was afraid that Binky would suffer from all of the stress of the past days. Today, we got up, and could hear some lung gurgling. Yes, he has a URI on top, which heart pigs can get overnight from stress, sigh. He's chipper, hungry, much more playful, so it's again caught right on time.

Hub took a few hours off, because I am extremely dead beat from the past 2 weeks handling the pigs and collecting Binky that far away, so we can go to the vet asap as soon as she opens up. Luckily, he did not have to come along, then hub just picked up the antibiotics for him and I don't have to tag along either. He had his first dosage after 3 hours of spotting it, which was ultrafast!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:06 am

He's doing much better already. He's such a sweet boy, smart too. Aiko sorta noticed he wasn't as sick as she thought he was, glad she's not a veterinarian, lol, and started checking him out more and more, resulting in tiny popcorns and butt wiggling, so e re-intro could work hopefully, when he's in great shape.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:52 pm

I'm so happy to hear Binky is doing better. I hope the re-intro goes well.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:45 am

The re-intro was a complete bust. Tried it in the tub this time, neutral to all pigs. I think he’s scared of all pigs, he looks frantic when he gets confronted with them and chatters his teeth instantly, which caused Aiko to attack him instantly, we suspect he has been used for at least a year to breed with sows, who attacked him. They just plunge a boar in a small cage with a sow, and if they fight, they take him back out. And he's at his 5th home here, poor boy :'(

He managed to stay with Plucky for 5 minutes, but when she nipped at him, not attempting to touch at all, not in an abnormal way, he started to fight as well. We have a towel ready, it was thrown on top of them when they start rolling around like crazy, so it stopped before anyone was injured.

He’s going to be a loner then, nothing we can do about it. Since he had tempted to jump over the fence grids between him and the girls, right before the meeting, now that his heart allows him to go full strength again, we had to redo the lot. There is a row of higher grids between them now, and Plexi, to prevent him jumping over and even climb the lot. The Plexi is cut U-shaped, with an opening at the bottom in the middle, so they can sniff each other, as that did work well.

Their cage was split up like this, he got a tad less than half, the girls a tad more. They are both far above the required minimum size for pigs, so it will have to do. Too bad, but we came prepared.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:37 am

He is a cute little pig. I hope it is just early and they somehow calm and are able to live together in the future. You certainly know your guinea pigs and will know if another try is worth it.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:44 am

Binky says hi!

Binky, aka the Ball-less Wonder, Binky Winky, Flinke Binky (Dutch for Brave Dude), he’s got plenty of nicknames.

He’s such a sweetie, incredible <3 He knew what his name was on day 2, and now when I call him, he stands up, lol.

He also decided that all the stuff I did to him, was for a good reason and I am now his best friend, he sometimes popcorns when I call him, lol. Oh, yes, I am soooooo smitten!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:49 am

What a love! He sounds like a once in a lifetime kinda guy! And so adorable!!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:44 am

Hi Binky!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:53 am

So precious!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:48 am

Binky is a smart boy, chats with Aiko by the grids, wiggles his butt at her, and seems very happy popcorning and zooming on a regular basis.

OK, time to smother you with some more Binky pics!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:58 am

What super pics!! I adore the last one especially!!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:42 pm

I love them all !