Pigjes' Pigs Piggadice part Pee ... oops, Three!

GrannyJu1
Armcavy

Post   » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:24 pm

The little one that started at one end and walked all the way to the other straight through the cars had me laughing out loud! What little cuties! I have GOT to find some of those cars! ;o)

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:00 am

Hahahah, they often play piggie train through those Beetles as well, run back and start all over! Those Beetles are one of the best items the pigs have and they come dead cheap second hand, takes 5 minutes to take them apart.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:34 am

Pigjes, I just love your girls! You have such wonderful setups. Thanks so much for sharing.

Riahrae

Post   » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:51 am

Oh how cute! Pigjes how many grids for the cage? I tried to count but couldnt resist watching and loling at your piggies playing follow the leader through the bugs

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:51 am

Thanks!

26 and 1/3 grids all around, but those are playpen grids, not the C&C type of grids.Then also 2 for the divider for the kitchen area, plus 2 to block that area off with the pigs in it, when the cage gets cleaned.

SardonicSmile

Post   » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:51 am

I know it is not nice to say and it is mostly fur, but golly what mighty big but dainty butts those girls have!

Riahrae

Post   » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:58 am

@pigjes thank you 😊

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:31 am

SardonicSmile, I won't tell them, lol. I think Aiko and Yuyu are very tall pigs and Yuyu is slowly gaining back her original weight. Still, both ladies are not even close to how tall Floopy was, and that resulted in one ginormic butt as well, heheheh.

The ladies had fun meanwhile. They spend a whole lot of time on the parking lot.

They replaced the wheels by their furry 4 feet, much faster, they say. Well, that is, after a nap ...

And then became pod people, or should I say: Bilibo-ers.

And, next week, they will be in for a real treat, as they will travel to Cavy Canyon ...

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:05 am

I just love your setups, Pigjes!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:45 am

Just remembered that I might have some useful info.

I always check the pigs' ears. But, since we decided to buy another house since the end of November, a house which required some work by hub under my instructions, I did not have time to check on the pigs ears as well as I should have. Just a quick inspection.

Since we moved, I have still been in agony since November, and as I have no pain killers at all, I discovered that the new mattress was the culprit. No excuse maybe for not checking the ears properly, but I hope you can understand that most of my energy goes into surviving. I should have asked hub to help, but forgot. He keeps an eye on the pigs too, but not as detailed as real ear checkups.

This week, looking at Aiko's ears more carefully than usual, as it has been a while. I usually smell in an ear as well, so I never smelled a thing. I was sorta intrigued by the fact that she seemed to have an ear structure more than other pigs, I was wrong! Shaped perfectly like a real ear structure, it was a massive ear wax plug, in each ear. Aiko is not 2 years old, she has very hairy ears. So hairy in fact, that it's hard to look at the skin. The hairs have become thicker by age as well, she over 1 years old.

Those thick hairs seem to prevent to get the wax out naturally, as it should. The entire ears were covered in wax on the nside. As the wax unfortunately is almost the same color as her skin, which is taupe, no wonder it was so hard to spot.

So, the past week, with intervals not to annoy her, the ears were gently cleaned. She does not mind very much and seems very happy after. Most of it is gone now, except deeper in the ear, which I will keep an eye on, but can't touch due to the risk of puncturing it. She looked up with a big surprise on her face when the big ones came out, obviously instantly hearing well. No infection, no mites, just wax.

As those massive ear hairs, in size as in numbers, are the culprit, nothing can be done rather than keep an eye on and clean on a regular basis. In 47 years of having pigs, never seen anything like it. I feel guilty for not spotting it earlier. and wonder how long they were in there. Hub was baffled, he said he looks at the ears, but not in in detail, but that wax was so camouflaged, it was a big surprise to him as well.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:15 am

There are products like Epi-Otic that can safely soften the wax that you cannot remove manually safely. I think that's the product I've used on guinea pigs and cats.

I'm glad you were able to get most of it out! Some ear wax is important to protect the ear from infection.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:48 am

Meanwhile, at Cavy Canyon ...

Sheriff Pluck is making rounds. Inspecting the nutrient quality of the tumble weeds, the pedestrian porch covers and looking for veggie thieves is hard work.

Time for dusting off that Arizona desert sand! Glad she does not need treatment at the Pawsmith!

But, something was up ...

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:24 am

Oh, I love it!!!!

SardonicSmile

Post   » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:37 am

Better not be any drunken shenanigans after a visit to the saloon!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:04 am

I always thought I wanted to come back in my next life as one of MildredM's pigs, but maybe I should consider Pigjes' house as well!

GrannyJu1
Armcavy

Post   » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:13 am

Wonderful!!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:22 am

I love that set up, Pigjes!

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:38 am

Thankies everyone! The pigs were over the Moon with this setting! And I have been chuckling for days when they were enjoying it, as it's such a hoot! Hub said he was amazed how much they enjoyed it, didn't expect it.

bpatters, you make me blush! You can, but be prepared for some serious snuggling here too, plus I am an addict to smelling pigs' fur, looool.

SardonicSmile, you are spot on! Good typical ol' Western, lol.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:44 am

This may be silly but I am trying to figure out some fun things for my four 6-week old chicks :-)

321 posts