Love Makes The Merry-Go-Round!

Zoe

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:38 am

Oh my. I hope someone has some success stories to share. You'll just have to take it one day at a time, I guess. I hope she'll learn to eat slop out of a low dish. Did Fairy have trouble drinking from the spout on a bottle? Fingers crossed little Merry has some usable teeth in the back. You can only do what you can do.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:53 am

Thanks, Zoe. Fairy didn't ever drink water, from a bottle or otherwise, we had to always make sure she had cucumber on the go.

I am holding on to your line, 'you can only do what you can do'.

Meeri-Ingrid

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:12 am

'you can only do, what you can do'

And I also say:

'You're doing, what you can do !'

Sending all my love to you and Little Meery-Baby.

[/i]

clairey

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:28 am

I do hope the vet finds some *useful* molars.

Have you contacted TEAS? http://www.teasnorthampton.co.uk/ I only know they exist because of hearing of them on here, but they care for several LWS pigs. I wonder if they've ever had one with no teeth.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:30 am

Yes, they have been really helpful with regard to syringe feeding. Very supportive xx as have everyone here. You are all appreciated so much xx

clairey

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:32 am

As are you. :)

Maddy_harper

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:04 am

aww what a lovely storry. So pleased you rescued her. Looking forward to hearing more about her as she grows up. Hope she has a long and happy life with you. Thats the main thing.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:48 am

Here's hoping Merry can figure out the eating. She was so tiny and weak when you rescued her. I am sure she has a lot to learn now that she's a bit stronger. No matter what, you are doing the work of angels. Feeding a few times a night gets old really fast.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:03 am

Ditto Zoe.

MildredM
The-Fairy-in-my-Heart

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:32 pm

It's not the length of life, but the depth of life.

Dear, sweet Merry. She didn't have incisors, she only had one molar, no sign of any others nor any sign of them about to appear. She had a deformity in the centre of her upper jaw, a 'bump' effectively blocking the centre of her mouth (she always favoured the syringe to one side or the other). Also, the vet thought the recent fur loss pattern may possibly have been a result of impaired kidney and liver function. He agreed she had mites, but she had inflammation around her eyes that wouldn't have been symptomatic of 'just mites'.

Taking everything into account, her total inability to eat unaided, the deformities in her mouth, the possibility of liver and kidney failure, and after much discussion and thought we decided together that life would not be a good life for her.

The vet was very gently with her. Merry wasn't frightened when he peered in her little mouth. She then had a little extra feed before she went to 'sleep'.

The beginning of her life was hell on earth. But the joy and pleasure she has known in the last 11 days has been her world. Only this morning, after her bath (she had to be bathed often due to her constant drooling, it was rare she was dry until after her bath and blow-dry) she went in with Pansy, trotted around a bit, bounced on the hay-pile, and even had a little 'pop'!

She has been well fed and has known a full tummy. She has been warm and cosy. She has had company, someone to cuddle up to - Pansy, Posy, Poppy, Flo and Bertie. She has known soft fleece under her little pink toes. A bed of fresh hay to rest her pretty little head. She has known pleasure, care, and above all love.

Her life has been hers, albeit short, but so filled with goodness . . . that was everything her life could be for this sweet little piggy, goodbye beautiful Merry xxxx

Meeri-Ingrid

Post   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:43 pm

Dearest Merry
Sleep well, little Beauty.
You came into a home filled with
Love, Warmth, Care, Friends ....
You've had the luck, to stay there for a while ...
too short ......

We are so very very sad ...
Your precious little soul ....
Fly away little Girl ...
And come back ....
as an angel ....
to protect your lovingly family.

I've learned to love you ...
during the few days I've had the pleasure
to know you.
And I will love you forever .....
Always in my heart.